Best Phone Apps for RV Camping
Have you ever been traveling the country and find yourself wondering where the next best stop would be at?
Well you are in luck! There are several apps that you can browse through and get guidance on your way, whether you are looking for a campground, tourist attraction, national parks or a Walmart parking lot (I hear a lot about this lately).
1) Google Maps - FREE
This is probably the most useful app anyone can have in their arsenal, the app can be used on both Android and Apple devices and possibly more like Windows phones. Google Maps provides you with the fastest routes, it is constantly looking for a faster route or if there are traffic jams or any other hazards like work zones. With this app you can search just about anything and everything... ANYWHERE. Set your course because this is the app to have and use when traveling. I personally use it at least 4 times a month. There is even a feature built in to navigate offline. I give this app a 10 out of a 10 for usefulness and functionality, the good look at feel is also a plus.
- 220+ Countries Supported
- Voice Guided GPS
- Live Traffic Conditions
- Route Optimization
- Navigate Offline
- Geographical Analysis
- High Resolution
2) Roadtrippers - FREE
This app accesses your location and provides a list of all nearby attractions that you may be interested in visiting. These places are organized into groups like restaurants, shopping, hotels, services and more. This apps also provides feature details about your destinations, ratings, reviews, pictures and contact information. Plan trips directly from the app or on the web at roadtrippers.com, then share them with a group. Friends can add suggestions to the itinerary and travel with their favorite navigation app. Any trips you've saved or places you love will sync automatically across devices.
- Route Planning
- Trip Guides
3) RV Parks & Campgrounds - FREE
This app was developed to help people find great RV Parks in North America. Best part it's completely free with no ads.
Commercial RV Parks are sorted by rating in list view mode. This makes it extremely easy to find a good park with high ratings. Definitely want to check this app out if you are looking to be staying in any campgrounds on your trip. This app uses local databases so it works much faster and less dependant on the internet. The only use for the internet would be to leave a review, maps and pictures. Pretty awesome if you are going to be staying somewhere there is no internet. This app is probably the most MUST HAVE app for everyone.
- Privately owned (commercial) RV parks
- Public parks including U.S. Forest Service, State Park, County/City Parks, BLM (The Bureau of Land Management), and Fairgrounds
- U.S. Military Campgrounds, U.S. Air Force FamCamps, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Jellystone (Family campgrounds Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park)
- 1000 Trails (Thousand Trails RV Resort & Campgrounds)
- KOA (Kampgrounds of America)
- 55+ Senior Retirement Communities
- RV Friendly Stores & Stops
- Rest Areas, Welcome Centers, RV Dump Stations, Casinos, Low Clearance
- Fuel Stops
4) RV Parky - FREE
This app is another free app with no ads and was created by a full timeer to help other RVers out on the open road. Boasting over 25,000 listing of RV parks, camp grounds, rest areas, gas stations, and stores. Get information, view pictures, get directions to where you are headed to next.
- RV Parks categorized by: Commercially Owned, Public Parks, Military Camp, 55+, KOA, Jellystone, Casino
- RV friendly stores like Camping World, Cabela's, Cracker Barrel, and Walmart
- Rest Areas and Welcome Centers
- Fuel Stops including Flying J's, Pilot, and TA Travel Centers
5) Camp and RV - Campgrounds Plus - $$$ 9.99
A very popular camping app gets better all year long. It is the revolutionary app that lets you find and filter both places and services with or without internet. From resorts to parking lots, extensive filters help you find exactly what you want year after year for a one time price and no ads.
This app does provide an in depth demo at allstays.com/apps/camprv.htm
- Over 30,000 campgrounds: (US & Canada)
- National & State Forests
- State Parks
- National Parks
- County/City Parks
- Army Corps of Engineers
- Military famcamps
- KOA, Good Sam, Escapees, Passport America, 1000 Trails, ROD, RPI, AOR, Coast to Coast, Elk
- Even primitive hike-in/boat-in/rough spots that other apps exclude
With these 5 apps you have a very large database of information and places that you can travel to, camp, navigate the rush hour traffic or just take a cruise to somewhere new that you find most interesting. Whatever you do with it you will never find yourself lacking of somewhere to travel to and enjoy the time you have.