• Days Won

HDRider last won the day on August 13 2023

HDRider had the most liked content!

1 Follower

My Info

• Gender or Couple
    Couple

My RV or Travel Trailer

• Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
    I own an Oliver Travel Trailer
  • Hull #
  • Year
  • Make
    Oliver
  • Model
    Legacy Elite II
  • Floor Plan
    Twin Bed Floor Plan

Recent Profile Visitors

1,331 profile views

HDRider's Achievements

Rising Star

Rising Star (9/14)

• One Year In
  • Very Popular Rare
  • One Month Later
  • Collaborator Rare
  • Week One Done

Recent Badges

1. I take the bulb out. Then this happened.
  2. The screw in my faceplate fell out and left home. Two questions 1) Would a Home Depot carry a screw like this? 2) What would be a good glue to use on the screw to hold it in place? I am told not to use Loctite. I need a tiny bit larger thread. The screw is not biting into the fiberglass. The hole is wallowed out.
  3. Just thought it would be a good place to carry a cooler. Not a need, simply a want
  4. I think I am getting this with an adapter that takes 1 1/4" to 2".
  5. The label on the Oliver bumper says 150 pounds. Maybe an engineer might be able to say with some certainty, but I have to think I'd be OK with a tray that weighs 23 pounds and a cooler full of ice.
  6. I think the new Ollies come with a 2". The label says 150 pound limit.
  7. I had looked at those. They used a 2" receiver. I want to stay with the stock 1 1/4"
  8. Can someone suggest a basket that fits the 1 1/4" receiver? I searched the forum but I did not find anything. I know it has to be there.
  9. My wife went grocery shopping yesterday and she said she never saw the shelves so empty. We are in the path.
  10. This is my open letter to the Oliver family. By now I expect you are aware of the sentiment that has developed around your decision to offload service of our Oliver trailers to your new dealership network. We all wish you the best in all of your future endeavors. It appears to me you could have just as easily required your new dealers to service the trailers that they sell and also service those that benefit by these new dealers being closer at hand than Hohenwald. Further you could have allowed your factory service to stay in place for those of us that purchased our trailers directly from your factory, especially those of us that are new buyers and most especially for those of us that are much closer to Hohenwald than one of your new dealers. I ask that you don’t view your factory service center as a cost center, but rather a profit center. Your factory service center in many ways could be a perfect complement to your new dealer network. Doing that would cement to us the fact that we counted on that service being available and as close to us as we know Hohenwald to be. It might be time to reconsider your factory service center once you have grown the reach of your dealer network to satisfy your nationwide customers. As announced the change is too abrupt, it is very disquieting to current owners. Please take this opportunity to reconfirm your commitment to the very loyal customer base you have enjoyed throughout your history. I am asking you to reconsider your decision to move all Oliver service to your dealers. Most Sincerely, Jeff & Cindy Coleman Hull 1423
  11. There have been many comments, mostly by moderators it seems, that this change is good for Oliver owners. Judging by the overall consensus of comments by non-moderators it is not a good move.
  12. No doubt we will all find a way to deal with the reality of it. We always do. That said, this move by Oliver does not serve my best interest and rubs me the wrong way. No amount of spin can change that. It was handled very poorly. It needs a rethink. I hope the pride of the owners does not stand in the way of making proper adjustments.