Stabilizers

I did not realize how beneficial the electric jacks could be until this week when I have been camped in spaces with a lot of fall. The jacks enabled me to achieve level with a minimum of effort whereas with the scissor jacks or leg jacks other trailers have I would have become very agitated to say the least.

Go Olliver!

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

The jacks are awesome.

We still carry some 2 x 8 cutoffs to stack under the jacks for extended throw. Our jacks in the older models may be shorter, I don't know, but we don't like to take the jacks to the limits.

So much nicer to touch a button than crank, crank, crank.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I carry a pack of the yellow Leggo type blocks for placing under the jacks. Don't like to extend all the way either as it puts too much strain on the legs, and the trailer sways less with shorter entension.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Routlaw,

I'd have to say I only notice sway when we do not deploy the jacks. As quick as it is, if we're just overnighting, we often don't bother to unhitch and deploy the jacks. Then, I feel some sway. Not noticeable with the stabilizers down, imho.

We use the 2x8 or 2x6 blocks to give us a greater surface against gravel/mud, and to avoid using the total throw of the jack. We don't like to take the jacks to the absolute limit, and I think our jacks on the older 2008 are a little shorter, anyway, than the new trailers.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

They are a momentary use item. I've found them to be an insignificant draw on the batteries when I set up camp. And your right, their usefulness waaaay outdoes the small battery draw.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg