PHOTO POSTING, THE EASY WAY

mountainborn

• Moderators

Seadawg's question about photo posting is one that most likely we all will face sooner or later. We all just love to view photos that showcase our Oliver travel trailers and those fun places that we all like to go to. Sharing those experiences with others is almost as good as getting to do it all over again !

I like to call the way that I do it, my "quick and dirty" method. It is quick alright, but the dirty part is, someone else resizes and provides the html links to the photos for me.

I have used several free online photo storage programs, but am currently using http://www.photobucket.com, it completes several steps of the process for me, SWEET !

After your photo is uploaded to photobucket, there will be several ways you can use it listed below each photo. The one I use most, is the easiest, naturally, just left click the image link at the very bottom below the photo. It will automaticly copy that link to your machines RAM. Then all you have to do is right click to paste that image link into the text body of your posting and it will be there when you submit the post to the board.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Thank you, Mountainborn. I'll give it a try with Photobucket.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator+

This is, quite possibly, not the proper thread for this but I need an opinion from anyone/everyone. Robert, I would appreciated your weighing in on this also. I am considering the attached photo as the mural for the front of my Oliver.

Soooo....what do you think?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

What a stunning photo! I think it was only a momentary glimpse you were given into a mythical woodland world. Fortunately you were able to snap a picture before it went back into its other dimension of time and space. That would explain why you can't find it again.

For what it's worth, I think it would be a wonderful mural to set the tone for your wanderings. Very, very, nice.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Stirring and peaceful, so beautiful... I looked at this and immediately thought of Robert Frost's "The Road Less Traveled":

"....And both that morning equally lay

In leaves no step had trodden black.

Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."

Thank you for sharing.....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 6 months later...

Thanks for causing one of my most beautiful memories to be awakened. My daughter and I were leaving Henderson,Tennessee for the last time as she had graduated from FreedHardeman College. We wandered south just driving on whatever road we wanted going towards home in Texas. We came upon a road almost exactly like this that was parallel to a main highway. We travelled on it as far as we could go before darkness set in. As I looked at the map tonight to try and remember where it was I couldn't tell. All I know was that the road we travelled is forever in my memory and your photo reminded me of it. Thanks for sharing.I was not aware that a personal photo could be used as a graphic. Can the personal photo graphic be applied later? jam49

• Moderators

When we bought our Oliver this past January, we couldn't decide on what to use as a mural, or if we wanted one. We were told it could be added later if we decided on a mural photo. Graphics can also be removed and changed if you like. I believe the murals are produced elsewhere, but Oliver creates all the cool custom graphics in-house. I suspect this policy is still the same.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderator+

Tali and I decided to design our own mural for the front of the . I used a graphics program and a little computer trickery to get this image and emailed it to the fellow that does the murals for Oliver. He did the rest. He laminated the image and mailed it to us. He also did the tire cover graphic. All I had to do was to apply them to the trailer.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg