FALL HOLLOW CAMPGROUND

mountainborn

We just spent 2 nights there Sunday and Monday while getting some work done on our trailer. With all the rain they were getting, Swan Creek was up and running at full speed. Never seen it like that before.

Oh, and do you know about the Elephants that live outside of town? They take in elephants from zoo's and circus's that are unwanted or mistreated. Of course you can't see them, but you can visit the facility in town on Main St that is the promotional side of the operation. They have a lot of literature and videos on their elephants. They were closed on the day we stopped by and we were looking in the window when they opened the door and gave Carol and I a 2 person show. Very neet indeed.

Just another little known fact of beautiful Hohenwald, TN

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

We spent two nights in the B&B at Fall Hollow and one night in the campground.  B&B is very basic but clean.  Noel cooked breakfast both mornings which kept us going until mid afternoon.  They have recently added sewer to some of the sites.  They are all grass, kind of like camping in a field.  Also very basic.  It's been under new ownership for less than a year, I think they are planning improvements.  They night we stayed there were 4 Oliver's there!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Noel cooked breakfast both mornings which kept us going until mid afternoon.

Same here, we really enjoyed our breakfast! My Wife's Dad used to hickory smoke hams on the farm and Debbie mentioned it the night before. Noel made good on his promise that she would have country ham in the morning!

LE2

• Moderators

Since they are right on the Natchez Trace they cater to cyclists biking the Trace.  We had breakfast with a guy from NH that was on his last day of biking up the Trace.vj3qtyadogaonb4ph527lbvy5k1k7nhs.thumb.jpg.3d373b52ee9f40c916b3b18ad1538447.jpg

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• 2 weeks later...

That area is really neat and the parkway is worth putting on the bucket list for those who never drove it.  On a side note, which is unrelated to this topic, but I am curious as to the issues you having.  I had the casita before and half the equipment never worked right. I just sucked it up, but that only cost 18k i am about to invest 50k on this trailer which is a huge leap of faith as now I facing retirement and cannot waste money like I use to.  Anyway, enjoyed your photos and i am excited to get back to camping.

Thanks,

Had a leak in the dinette window. After the issue was corrected, they put the Ollie in the rain booth and checked for leaks, none found. Also rained here and on the way home with no leaks.

One of the Service Techs told me when we purchased the Oliver we became part of the Oliver family!  The folks at Oliver are a great group of folks and work hard to satisfy the customer!

LE2

Oh, and do you know about the Elephants that live outside of town? They take in elephants from zoo’s and circus’s that are unwanted or mistreated. Of course you can’t see them, but you can visit the facility in town on Main St that is the promotional side of the operation. They have a lot of literature and videos on their elephants. They were closed on the day we stopped by and we were looking in the window when they opened the door and gave Carol and I a 2 person show. Very neet indeed. Just another little known fact of beautiful Hohenwald, TN Stan

Strange coincidence for today as I got the following story in my inbox this morning about the elephants in Hohenwald.

For those of you you are intrigued here's the website for the Elephant sanctuary..... https://www.elephants.com/

Happiness is seeing Atlanta in your rearview mirror. :-)

Fall Hollow is adding more services.  In particular, they are adding needed sewer services.  They have 4 rows of RV sites.  The sewer run on the line(s) between rows 1&2 and between rows 3&4.  In other words, the sewer connections are in the rear of each site while water and electrical is in the front.  If you pull up to the electrical/ water connections, you will need additional sewer lines.  If you stay 1-2 nights, you can use the sewer dump.

• 2 weeks later...

I stayed at Fall Hollow Campground last week, motorcycle trip camping, and toured the Oliver factory on Thursday the 9th.  It was a very enjoyable experience both at the campground and the factory.  I would encourage anyone to check out the campground as Noel and Sheri are new owners having moved from Michigan last Fall in order to purchase the campground.  It is about 35 acres of really nice fields, woods and Swan Creek.  They run the restaurant there and serve excellent meals as well.   The Natchez Trace is right there too and I rode part of it on Friday, then headed back home.  If you enjoy historical venues then the Natchez Trace is 400 miles of an amazing drive through time.