UV Water Purification Install

We camp in a lot of remote places and even in popular locations you can always be sure about the water quality. Have used a high quality Seagull filter for years, but decided to take it a step further with a permanent UV purification system. Intall the system to he main line prior to the split to the hot water. I wired the unit come on when the pump switch is in the on position. Might add a separate manual switch later for when we are connected to a water supply, which we rarely do.

The UV filter is the silver cylinder to the right of the water pump. Had to add a pre-filter as recommended by the manufacturer.

The small black tank north of the pump is a pressurized tank that keeps a constant pressure on the system.

All this did require the giving up of the storage compartment in this section, which I don't use much since we replaced the factory cushions with a real mattress.

5pn10o80520v2c1w8xrp0f8hpv6upkzl.jpg

• Moderators

Very cool, DCKiefer.

Does the uv come on only when you use the water? Have you found it heats up the water much? What brand did you use?

Are you tired of all he questions yet? :D

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

The UV unit stays on continuously as long as the pump switch is on. I didn't notice any heating of the water. I'll have to see what this does for our battery life, but with the three batteries and solar panel I don't expect that to be an issue. Plus we are pretty good about shutting off the pump switch when not using water. The brand is Sterilight.