Microwave cabinet door

routlaw

We opted out of the microwave and decided to go with the area where it is installed for yet another storage area. The door that comes standard, well it just didn't quite match or go with the rest of our interior so over the weekend I decided to build another one. Below is photo, comments and critiques are welcome.

Thanks

Rob

Legacy Elite II #70

Just a quick and dirty look at the general interior, working on some pano's for in here as well. You can also see the corner of one overhead storage cabinet door that is a work in progress. We would like to eliminate some if not all of the mirrored doors in the overhead.

Thanks for looking.

Rob

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

Love the microwave door. Is that cork? It's a great look.

I like your color scheme, as well. Great looking interior.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks Sherry, and yes this is cork that I get from AmCork.com down in Houston. They have some great colors and textures for their wall acoustic tiles. The trim is Pecan/Hickory left over from our kitchen cabinets with but with a gray stain to more or less match the flooring that being a weathered wood look. Will try and get some close photos of that soon too.

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

Looks awesome. My microwave just died after seven years... Probably from lack of use. I think we'll replace it with a cabinet. Thanks for the ideas.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Bummer about the MW. We haven't missed it all and do enjoy the cabinet space for other things, i.e. coffee and tea paraphernalia, plus you have the added benefit of yet another 110 AC outlet. Actually we don't use a MW in our house anymore, got rid of it years ago, and put a toaster oven in its place which gets way more use than the MW ever did. Should you put a small toaster oven in this compartment for storage you'll definitely want to take it out to use, those things do get hot.

Legacy Elite II #70