Wonder Egg finds Vintage Trailers

• Moderators

Wandering around the countryside, you never know what may be around the next turn. When I see something that really catches my eye, I enjoy stopping in and doing a bit of exploring. That's one of the pleasures of being on this side of retirement. While exploring the countryside in my Egg Trailer around the Finger Lakes region of New York, my attention was drawn to a lot full of vintage trailers. Old, worn shells, with stories to tell. I thought I'd stop in and listen. This is what I discovered . . .

http://peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.ca/2015/05/fletchers-trailer-sales-service-inc.html

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I very much enjoyed looking through your blog posts tonight Pete. You have wonderful photos. I see that in Oct. of 2008 you stayed at Jedediah Smith State Park in Northern California. We live about three miles from the park and had just purchased our Oliver in Aug. of 2008. Small world. Thank you for the great posts.

Pam

• Moderators

Pam,

When folks ask me where my favorite campground has been, I tell them about Jedediah Smith State Park and the giant redwoods. it really is difficult to put into words, what it is like walking close to those living sentinels who have stood still while time has marched on, they, being constant, and man, skittering about during our brief span on earth.

What a small world it is, that you guys were so close as Oscar the Smiley Dog and I marveled at the redwoods in your neighborhood. You live in a magical place.

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

It is a magical place Pete. We are fortunate to live under these beautiful redwoods, although, stormy windy weather remind us that one may fall on our house at anytime. :) We have been unable to travel due to caring for parents but being grounded to this area is fine as it is so beautiful. I try to look at the beauty around me everyday and appreciate it. I am so glad you were able to enjoy the area. In a few years we hope to travel the US and take in the beauty that each state offers. I look forward to following your adventures.

Pam