Mods ordered from the factory

bbchbum

Hello all - I am considering an Ollie Elite and was wondering - when you ordered your Ollie, what options did you elect to add on? Are you happy with your choices? would change those choices and if so how? add additional outlets? I have read the literature and know what is appealing to me but just because it sounds useful doesn't mean it would wind up being true down the road.

My type of camping would be along the lines of national and state parks with some boondocking where available.

Thanks for any input you can provide!

Welcome to the family. You will love your new Ollie.

We have the Elite II with following, some are non standard...

320 watt solar

4 Trojan T105 batteries

2000 watt inverter

4 reading lights

2 extra 110 outlets

1 switched courtesy light At front door

2 cpap outlets in overhead

extra towel bar on pantry door

Wilson cell booster

Anderson hitch

Extra coat hooks

30 gla propane

We ar well pleased with our configuration

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Greetings from Canada, where I'm enjoying meeting some northern relatives and staying out of the bad Texas weather for the summer. :D

That is the sort of camping I've done the last seven years and 90,000 miles. Here are some of the things on my trailer that really facilitate that lifestyle.

Solar Power . . . go for the most they'll give you

Quality batteries . . . I now use 2 Lifeline GPL 27T military grade batteries with 100 AH each for a total of 200 AH

2000 W inverter . . . great for the Keurig coffee maker in the morning

Double Step . . . helps with my high lift, 16" tires and Michelin light truck tires, especially on uneven terrain

Porcelain toilet . . . comfort where it counts ;)

Furnace

Cell phone amplifier . . . enables me to communicate when I'm far from civilization

45' retractable power cable on an electric wheel . . . makes setting up camp and tearing down camp easy

(not sure if this is still offered on the elite)

Extra 12 volt and 110 outlets . . . not costly and verrry handy when you need them

Two 300W Xtreme heaters mounted between the shells in the rear, sides to facilitate warming the air between the shells and protecting plumbing items when I'm plugged into power

One nice thing about the new Elite is the whisper quiet furnace mounted between the shells. This also enables you to have more drawer space in the galley. The convenience of the electric cable reel could cause you to have the furnace inside and cost you one or two drawers of storage. It's a tradeoff to be considered, though. I don't personally have a problem with the sound of the furnace at night. It's something I no longer pay attention to at night.

I also like having a personalized picture on the front of The Wonder Egg. They can take your digital picture to the graphic department and have it magically appear on your trailer.

The only option I bought that I have not used yet is the extra hookup for electricity that would enable me to have my generator hooked up for a quick emergency backup for power failure.

You're at that fun, imaginative time where you can dream of cool options for your new rolling pleasure home. ENJOY!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thank you both for your reply! Your comments were so helpful.

Pete - I see from your blog that Oscar travels with you everywhere. When you have to leave him in the Ollie due to pet restrictions (I'm thinking national park here) how does the interior temperature hold so that it doesn't get to hot? I realize Zion in August it will hot - but - I've seen warm temps in the spring in areas that are generally cooler. I have two small dogs that are very good travelers. Thanks!

• Moderators

Oscar's comfort is an important consideration for me. He has no undercoat, so cold is not good for him and I must put a small doggie coat on him whenever I wear a jacket. His snout is rather short, so he does not get the evaporative cooling his long-nosed cousins might get as they pant, so I need to protect him from too much cold or heat. (i.e. He's a sissy)

As far as staying warm in the trailer there is zero problem. The propane furnace is more than up to the task in all weather conditions we have found ourselves in . . . including a wind chill of 6 below zero for two days. He did, however, look at me like I was crazy when I said "Oscar, come on, lets go out and go potty" Normally, down to 25 degrees, a small ceramic cube heater does the trick nicely.

We have camped in southern Texas at 100 degrees and as long as I have electrical connections, the air conditioner will still be able to freeze us out unless I adjust the thermostat. (this is with a small, 9200 BTU A/C)

I will boondock in the heat if I only need the generator on for a few short hours during the hottest time of the day to run the A/C. Otherwise I look for an electrical hookup someplace to use the A/C for longer periods.

!n other words, NO PROBLEM . . . go for it.

ps when we into on the Casita Southern Utah Tour, ZION was no problem during that time of year.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg