A Few Simple Mods

Commanche

The black hose connection is in the front part of the rear bumper and was a pain to reach in to connect the hose. We went to Camping World and bought a 10" extender so now we can hook up the hose right at the back end of the bumper. Have not used it yet, so hope when I unhook the hose it doesn't want to unhook the extender.

The other mod was having a hatch to reach in the tank cover to turn the gas on or off. I prefer to run with the gas turned off and it was another pain to take the cover on and off. I talked to Dustin about some sort of removable hatch and he sent me a screw out deck plate made by Sea Dog which works just great. It's 4 inches, poly and white with a screw in hatch, and it looks good. For some reason he sent 2, so if somebody wants one let me know.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

That was my first posting a picture on any forum, and since the picture was on my iPhone,oh well, guess it's there.

it's Sea Dog.com PN 335740-1

If you pm me with your address, I'll send you the extra one I have.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

This is a great mod. The bungees that hold down the propane tank cover are hard to get back on as my hands become more arthritic. These access hatches can be bought at West Marine. I am going there to buy one right away.

We have had this type of hatch on boats. It helps if you lube the threads with some petroleum jelly. Otherwise they can become stuck.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel