2016 Events/ Rallies??

dharmardr

We pick up our new Ollie in Dec this year and after coming back to CT for packing, loading, and Christmas with the Family we are OFF.

Wondering if there are any Rallies etc. that we might attend where we would find other Oliver Owners. We are headed for the Everglades in January and then Ocala NF, Apalatchicola NF, then eventually back north along the coast or maybe the Blue Ridge Parkway. We will be flexible and would like to see other owners on our travels. So if there are events, in the southern States, during Jan, Feb, and March we will alter our travels to try and get to them.

Or maybe it is best to just monitor this Forum to see where people are and visit that way.

Thanks for advice.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderators

Over the last several years, there have been two or three Ollies at the Casita Bluebonnet Rally, which is held in Bandera, TX during April. I think last year we actually had four in attendance when Larry and Betty Harmon brought a 23 footer to show. I've found the Casitans to be a very open and welcoming group of people to all fiberglass sojourners. Look at the fiberglass rv.com site for upcoming rally's and just head on out and enjoy the company. As Ollie production continues, we'll keep bumping into more of us out there on the road.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Hello and congrats on your new Ollie you will love the experience. My wife and I are from Florida and picked up our's in May of this year. We are planning with a few others to do Quartzite, Joshua Tree NP and Death Valley this winter for Jan & Feb so won't be able to connect. Since you are doing Florida I can say one thing pick some of your parks and get reservations if you know what you want to do you will be competing with a lot of Canadians and North Easterner's i.e. unlike your self that have been doing it for years and have made many of their claims to campsites. My wife and I have tried for a couple years to get into Paynes Prarie during the winter and only got lucky once after many canceled from rains in the area. Good luck enjoy and be safe. Thanks Gary

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

If you find yourself in the Florida Panhandle we live near Pensacola. Topsail State Park in Destin is a great park with paved sites and beach access. Lot's of snow birds there.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• 2 weeks later...

We plan on spending some time in the Apalachicola National Forest this winter, as we did last March. We love the Panhandle and hope to share our time someday between there and Mid Coast Maine.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• 11 months later...

Here is a map with clickable links to 57 fiberglass trailer rallies in the USA and southern Canada during 2016:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1BTUYQ8ZYCKC5B1qanQDUbVG9p3o&hl=en_US

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Last Feb we spent 2 weeks in Florida, including some time in Everglades National Park. We are looking to make another trip this winter, but have nothing planned yet. Last year we waited till after Jan 1st and did ok with getting campsites, but not without some "stressing". Good trip but too much driving for the amount of time we had. Will keep you in mind when we start planning this years trip.

Actually we are in Florida as we speak, camped at Manatee Hammock Camp Grounds. It's a county park on Rt 1 just south of  the entrance to the Space Center. We are setup to watch a rocket launch on Thursday morning with our grandson. Should be fun.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Anybody in for the Egg Rally on the Hudson River in Sept? It is at Schodack Island State Park. They are reserving on the Creek Side loop. 23.00 a night with elec, on September 23 to 25.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah