Tire Air Pressure

Commanche

I have been running the air pressure in my trailer tires at 65 psi, while the rating on the sidewall shows 80 psi for max pressure. That seems too high for me, what seems to be the best psi?

On the subject of batteries, we have the solar package, and when the trailer is parked at the house with nothing turned on, the battery monitor will show 100% in the afternoon and the next morning will show 98%. And this is not always, it does not seem like we should lose 2% overnight just from the phantom loads. Any ideas.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

I use 65 PSI on my tires also.

On the batteries, it is probably a combination of phantom loads and overnight temperature drop. See attached graph. Also, some inverters can draw as much as 1 amp even without a load on them.

nojganbmothkkte007eoeh0uj756sz76.jpg

Aubrey and the two wingmen, Woodstock & Rascal

Oliver #032, "El Huevito"

Ford F-150 4x4

El Juevito's Travels

• Moderators

I'd say the draw is likely about right...

If you don't turn off the power to the trailer completely, something draws at least a little... refrigerator, fan, smoke detector, etc.

2% overnite isn't a huge loss, in my opinion, if you get to 100% during the day.

Hope you and Carol are doing well. We enjoyed meeting you.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

I have a measured 0.4 aH phantom draw on my batteries. Each of these devices draw approximately 0.1 aH each: CO detector, USB charging ports, Radio/TV and GPS tracker. That will amount to about 9.6 amps daily or 2.4% of my available 400 amps.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Thanks to those that replied to my questions, a big help. We also talked to Boz at Blue Sky, who was very helpful and patient with our questions. We had some questions on the different screens on the battery monitor, so Carol recorded the phone call and wrote up the information and put it in our Oliver notebook. Kind of like when Robert told us how everything worked and by the time we got home, it was, what did he say about that? Dang us, old people.

Sherry, enjoyed meeting you guys last fall at the plant, hopefully our paths will cross again. This summer we stopped in at Rob's place on our way to Glacier, nice visit with them. Last week when Larry came thru Kansas City with the tour Oliver, we went out and had a nice visit with him and his wife plus the little dog. Me thinking that dog is the King of their outfit. It's fun meeting other Oliver owners.

Getting ready to head out to Rocky National Park this weekend for a week of enjoying the mountains in the fall.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Stan, It was great meeting you and Carol, too. We also hope our paths will cross again one of these days.

Have a wonderful trip!

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.