Factory Visit

dharmardr

To All at Oliver,

We are not picking up our Ollie until Dec of this year but couldn't wait another minute to visit the Factory and what a great time it was. We had an appointment with Anita for Friday morning but got there early on Thursday and stopped by the Showroom. Anita knew who it was before we walked in the door ( must get a lot of excited people stopping by early). My wife got the opportunity to pick out her choices for flooring, Mattress choice, cushion covers, etc. while we were there on Thursday. We sat in the Ollie they have available in the Showroom and took it all in, it was great. Anita was lovely to us and "down home" welcoming.

Friday morning Anita called and we went down a little early had coffee and then started the Factory Tour. Boy was I impressed with the Nuts and Bolts (I guess you would call it) of these trailers. The picture of the frame in the Brochure does not do it justice. This is beautifully crafted, fully welded, strong and substantial Aluminum Frame built for the long haul. The care and construction of the hauls, beefed up at points of penetration with a strong honeycomb material to guarantee no deflection upon installation of accessories, amazing and the steps!!! Well you have probably already seen the steps. The undercarriage; axels, shocks, tires, all the highest quality. It is Quality form Hitch to Marker Plate.

Not that I don't appreciate the beauty and efficiency of the inside and all the accessories. My wife will make the inside beautiful and comfortable I have no doubt, can't wait to show it off.

We met Larry and Betty Harmon who were their planning their next Tour to get out there and show off the Oliver to people around the Country and Canada. Had a great Lunch prepared by Anita (what a sweetheart) for the workers and also met Robert, Tommy and Scott Oliver who's enthusiasm is intoxicating. This Company from top to bottom is so Customer Conscious it's amazing.

We had such a great time and are very glad we visited the Factory and met many great people. Thank you Anita and Karen and all for such a great time and a delicious lunch. Thank you all for an amazing confidence booster (not that we needed it) by taking us into your Home at the Oliver Factory and Showroom and making us feel welcome and also that our opinions matter.

We were so excited leaving that we drove the whole length of the Blue Ridge Parkway and Skyline Drive to visit every Campground to rate them for future reference.

Thanks again to everyone

Waiting with Great Anticipation for Dec 16

Grayson and Ann

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

• Moderator+

As owners of the finest trailer being built in the world today you are hereby welcomed into the most exclusive club in the world, The Oliver Owners. Everything about the Oliver is first class, as you have seen. You all can look forward to a most extraordinary traveling experience. Let the good times begin...

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Grayson and Ann:

We are scheduled to pick our Oliver Elite II up on the first of September; we placed the order while we were at the factory in April. It has been a long wait but it is an outstanding trailer.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

So happy for you! Do enjoy your time in and around Hohenwald. It's a great camping area, and the folks in Hohenwald are among the best!..

Happy travels!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I just returned to Iowa from a factory visit last Friday. Grayson and Carol have described very well what I experienced during my visit. It was in every respect an enjoyable and informative experience. I was also lucky to be in Hohenwald before Larry and Betty left for their Canadian tour. Thank you, Larry, for sitting in the Oliver with me and sharing your knowledge and enthusiasm. I plan to send my deposit to Anita next week!

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

It's pretty easy hour and half to two hours from Nashville. Are you flying in the day before? It's a pretty drive from Nashvilles west side down the Natchez Trace parkway to Howenwald, but about 20 minutes longer. Worth it if you have the time.

Even if you don't stay there, check out the Opryland Hotel. The grounds are amazing. Downtown Nashville is fun with great music everywhere in the restaurants and bars. A different band on each level, all day long, in many places.

Howenwald is a great little community. Junkyard Dog is our favorite for lunch and dinner. The Mexican restaurant isn't fancy, but pretty good, especially the Chile relleno.

The folks at Oliver are wonderful. You will love your time there. I am sure.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Sherry,

Are you all in Asheville? We had a great time at Mount Pisgah. Lots of rain, but it was still a treat to escape the Gulf Coast heat.

Would like to chat about buying a landing pad in that region. Send me a PM with your phone number please.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Seadawg, thanks for the drive time, route and restaurant ideas for Nashville to Hohenwald. I'm flying in on Sunday afternoon and staying in town. Will tour the factory on Monday then back to the airport and Seattle that night. Leaving the checkbook at home so I don't get carried away.

• Moderators

Awwwww go ahead and just take one check along . . . just in case . . . life is unpredictable and full of surprises around the corner . . . especially as viewed from your Ollie!!!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg