New Oliver Elite II in Virginia

Maverick

We took delivery of a 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II travel trailer on 09-02-2015. For two nights we camped in Fall Hollow Campground located in Hohenwald, TN then moved around to various locations in Tennessee before heading east to Virginia, which we got home this past week, so it gave us a couple of weeks to check out the Oliver. We carried some items with us but waited until we returned home to load the trailer with the rest of the items we keep into the trailer full time.

Attached are a couple of pictures of our Oliver.

dc0rpl8xxgrs8h06mwz7np3t0bh43pf7.JPG

qlclu6e6wdf3zzas90d73ufwfg2c221i.JPG

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• Moderators

Congrats! We wish you many, many miles of great camping adventures. Looking good!

Welcome to the forum.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congratulations, Horace & Dianne! Don't know where you are in Virginia, but we wll be camping at the Natural Bridge KOA in Lexington Oct. 8 & 9. We would love to meet up with you if you're available and interested. We will be traveling with another Oliver heading from a rally in the LancasterPA area, heading to a rally in Cherokee, NC where there will be 5 Oliver's. Would love to have you join us!-Jona & Gary and Teri & Lee

Gary & Jona

2016 Silverado 2500 Diesel

Legacy Elite II Hull 81 

ALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpgABBCMBNBNLNTNSPEQCSKYTsm.jpg.ba4d4f701cd53ebbd7ccf276c46a23eb.jpg

Garyjona:

We have reservations for the Lynchburg N/W Blue Ridge Parkway KOA for October 14 - 18, so I guess we will not be in the Lexington area on October 8 & 9. We live in the southeastern part of Virginia but love the mountains.

Mike & Carol:

Yes we did purchase the Anderson WDH and it pulls great using the Anderson. I have used various WDH hitches in the past and really like the Equal-I-zer the best but the Equal-I-zer would not work on an Oliver so the Anderson appears to be better suited for the job.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

Tom:

Maybe we can get together the next time we are camping in the Lexington / Natural Bridge area of Virginia. We do get out into that area several times a year.

Safe travels.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

• Moderators

Horace and Dianne,

I'm jealous! I'm scheduled to get delivery of mine in mid-February.

A couple of months ago I asked the Forum if anyone knew if the Oliver would work with an Equalizer WDH and basically received no direct replies to the question. I presently own an Equalizer and would prefer to use it versus the Anderson. But, you are the first that I've heard of that has experience in this area.

Is the reason the Equalizer will not work with the Oliver due to the tongue brackets having a problem fitting between the frame and the propane tank coweling? Or, is it because the brackets would "walk" on the frame?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Bill:

The Equalizer WDH would not work on the Oliver as to fiberglass cowling that is over the aluminum frame; without cutting the fiberglass cowling. That is about 1 ½” of space between the fiberglass cowling and the aluminum frame so the Anderson brackets fits nicely and they are behind a cross bar that supports the propane tanks so there is no walking of the WDH brackets. The Anderson brackets hang just below the aluminum frame and are fairly accessible.

If you were using the Equalizer WDH the L bracket that the spring bar rest on would be hitting the fiberglass cowling. It appears to me if you were using a Equalizer WDH you would have to cut the fiberglass cowling just behind where you mounted the brackets that support the spring bars and it would have to be cut all the way forward to the very front of the trailer towards the ball coupler.

When we picked up the Oliver we adjusted the Anderson “High Density urethane spring”; to have the trailer and tow vehicle pretty level. Each time we disconnect the trailer we just raise the tongue jack up high enough to have some slack in the chains, then we can remove the “Pin and clip that holds the Triangle Plate” on. This way the Triangle Plate removes easily and then you can disconnect the tow vehicle from the trailer. Just do the reverse to reconnect the trailer and tow vehicle. So far I have been able to have the trailer and tow vehicle at a straight angle to each other when disconnecting which makes the reconnection easy.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Safe travels.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

I became so frustrated with the Anderson hitch I will no longer use it. Instead, I had air bag lifters installed in my truck with a built in compressor so all I do to level the truck is push a button on my dash. Then push another button to deflate after the tow is unhitched. The Ollie does not swing...even at high speeds so sway control is not a problem.

A side benefit is leveling when hauling a lot of weight. Last week I had six hundred pounds of sackrete in the bed and the air bags leveled me right up.

I will sell the Anderson for a good price.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Horace & Dianne,

Thanks for the info on the Equalizer, it really does confirm what I had thought. Now I find myself actually wishing for winter to get here faster.

Bill (aka Topgun2)

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Brevard is a terrific town. We spent two afternoons in Brevard this past August during our stay at Mount Pisgah. There are two restaurants on the main street...houses next to each other. Delicious meal in both of them. Next Summer we plan to camp a week at Ash Grove near Brevard.

• Moderators

I'm not familiar with Ash Grove but the Davidson River Campground is fairly nice. Next time in Brevard try Falls Landing Restaurant and/or Duggin's Pub (best burger in town). And, let me know when you are in town and I'll try to get together with you.

Bill

Bill,

We plan to spend part of every Summer in your area so we will be sure to give you a shout. Likewise if you get down to the upper Gulf coast of FL let me know.

I hope Olliver is keeping the owner map up dated. I is good to visit other owners while traveling.

Five Ollies will be at the Cherokee rally in a couple of weeks. Drop in if you can.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Its taken me awhile to get back here - sorry about that.

Unfortunately, the day after we take delivery of our new Elite II we will head to a different part of Florida for a few days - Saint Augustine. But, please be sure to give me a shout if you make it up towards Brevard next summer.

On another subject - I didn't know that Oliver had an "Owner's Map". How and/or where can I find it?

Thanks,

Bill