kitchen, breakables, computers

lindapshields

• Moderators

We don't have a pop a plate, but we attached our paper towel holder to the underside of the cabinet next to the stove, over the large dinette/bed. It has worked out well. Only the edge of the cabinet is curved. The bottom is flat.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Duh! Didn't even think of that area in that it is "outside" the kitchen. Now that you have me thinking, I'm guessing that there just might be a place in the pantry too.

Thanks for the help!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We probably had our trailer a year before I picked a place for the paper towels. Over the bed, it's out of range of the cooktop flame, and doesn't get in my way.

Let us know how the popaplate works out. Looks like a cool idea.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 5 years later...
  • Moderators

@John & Nancy We've used a variety of methods for attaching things to the walls--suction cups, vhb tape, industrial velcro,  command strips, and mechanical fasteners. 

I hung the towel holder on the underside of the cabinet for a few months with industrial velcro. After I was sure I liked it there, Paul lifted the mat on the bottom if the cabinet, drilled through, and fastened with small stainless bolts, washer, and nuts. Been there for over a decade now.

The organizer baskets on the backslash walls are held with strong suction cups. The sink is ready for travel, holding tea kettle,  coffee urn, and towel. You can see the edge of the towel holder to the right of the sink.

Screenshot_20210423-071850_Gallery.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

We initially attached a simple white plastic paper towel holder above the sink with double-sided tape, because at that time I was afraid of drilling through the fiberglass. After several years it started to come loose. I then put up the wonderful Kamenstein paper towel holder holder above the sink, using screws, following @mossemi's instructions, including "the holy grail, stainless t-nuts."  With the stainless t-nuts, the nut does not disturb the surface of the rubber mat in the cabinet above. 

• Thanks 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!  I forgot to check back & this is how we installed the paper towel holder.  John cut a 2 3/4" wide x 22" long x 3/4" thick board.  He round it on the back corners so it would slide between the window facing and curve in the wall of the Oliver wall above the window.  He painted it white. In our 2021 it is across from the kitchen sink in the dining nook.  Best part about this installation is it's easily removable as there is no tape, screws, etc as the board simply slides in the space.

Oliver Paper Towel Holder IMG_1099.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 7 months later...

We are taking this down and putting up a Kamenstein Perfect Tear Paper Towel Dispenser from Walmart at $13.97!  It will not be screwed into the cabinet but screwed into a wooden board we painted and added (see above photo) if it fits the space between the pantry and the window over the dining table.  Nancy & John