Camera to WiFi Ranger

topgun2

• Moderators

Has anyone connected a rearview camera to a WiFi Ranger and then used the Ranger's WiFi to receive the camera's view inside your tow vehicle on a phone or tablet? How did you connect the camera to the Ranger? Any problems with the reception in the tow vehicle? What App did you use on the phone/tablet (WiFi Avin?)?

Thanks for the help.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

I may not be understanding your question but the rear-view camera that Oliver is installing is wireless. It does not have any wires running to the tow vehicle. I can easily get a signal from the camera to the tow from several hundred feet away.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

ScubaRx,

Since I do not want to buy Oliver's camera system (it is expensive and I do not want another screen/monitor in my truck), I'm looking to get a simply HD camera, mount it inside the rear window, and connect it to a WiFi sending unit. Unfortunately, the WiFi sending units and/or the camera itself only come (as far as I presently know) with a RCA video output jack. This means that they can not be connected to the Go2 or to the Ranger Elite directly, but, must be connected via the WiFi.

So, now my question is: Assuming that one has the Ranger Elite and the Go2, do they put out a strong enough WiFi signal so that you can receive it in the cab of your truck while going down the road? As a side note here, I use my tablet for GPS directions in my truck. Therefore, I can also use this tablet to receive the WiFi signal from the Oliver - assuming that it is strong enough.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"