Two weeks in the SW, photos, mileage and other things

routlaw

Howdy All

We just got back from a two week trip to the southwest, exploring ruins, rock art and canyons. We were off the grid the entire time solely dependent on our solar system with 4 Trojan batteries. Never even came close to tapping into the electric reserves. A couple of nights were chilly enough to run the furnace but we did accomplish this on less than one 20 lb tank of propane. The coldest night out was in the Madison River Valley here in MT fist night out. Most days were cloudless and I do mean not a cloud in the sky with temps ranging in the low to high 80s most days with a few in the mid 70's. It was unseasonably warm even this far south but overall beautiful weather.

Overall gas mileage was 14.3 mpg for the entire RT. Though a few tanks dipped below this especially in the steep hill climbs around the mesas in UT and AZ with many grades in the 5-8% range. Tow rig is a Ford F150 with Eco-Boost engine.

Thought I would share a few campground pics with the Oliver for those interested in adventuring off to the area.

Legacy Elite II #70

• 4 weeks later...

Love the pictures and the information. Please, if you don't mind, I would love to see more pictures.

After December 16 we can make some of our own.

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah