Considering an Oliver

raptor

• Moderators

Welcome to the Forum!

If you have not viewed Ron Merritt's Youtube video, you should. And, if you can take a tour of the factory in Hohenwald I highly recommend it. However, while the tour is free and you will meet some very nice folks, the result of the tour just might be rather expensive. Good Luck.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

What would you like to know? We've owned our 17 ollie for almost 8 years, and love it. Working on 70 k miles towed, and very happy with the systems and layout. Two Canadian tours, almost all the Eastern US states, and a few of the states west of the Mississippi.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Over our 40 plus years of camping we have owned many travel trailers. The Oliver Elite II has been the tops on our list; we picked up the Oliver on September 2, 2015 and have enjoyed the trailer. It is just an outstanding fiberglass trailer second to none.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

We spent a lot of time looking at traditional trailers. We just couldn't get past the quality issues. We jumped to Airstream, a nice trailer with a certain "image". While we liked the Airstream, they also come with a set of build and quality issues. After looking at available fiberglass trailers it was clear that the Oliver was at the top of the class. A visit to the factory sealed it for us. We have visited with and toured the trailers of 5 different Oliver owners and the bottom line does seem to be "just buy it"!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I currently own an Airstream, and I can attest to the quality issues. I am not only looking for a larger trailer, but a better build quality. For all of its history and bluster, Airstream cuts some corners that have left me shaking my head; "REALLY??"

Dave

I came so close to buying the Airstream 27 Flying Cloud FB--I called the salesman I was working with to purchase the trailer on the first day of his two week vacation. That two week period provided me with the time to step back and continue my research. I'm picking up my Oliver on March 22!

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

I had a spread sheet with prices of used Airstreams in the 3 to 5 year range, new was out of the question, compiled over a 2 year period, and knew about all the problems, leaks, popped rivets, high cost and on and on. And these were supposed to be the high end of trailers.

We seen a comment about a Escape fiberglass trailer on the Airstream forum, and what the heck is a molded fiberglass trailer we asked. We didn't like the floor plan of the Escape and after some rooting about on the net, we came upon the Oliver, and now there's one sitting in our driveway.

We just got back from Florida and while at Ft DeSoto we had a Escape lady knock on our door to have a look at our trailer. We had a very nice visit and of course we had to see her Escape. Yep, yessiree, we made the right decision, still don't like their floor plan. They did have a really cool shelf by the window for their cat, will need to work on that.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63