range hood, sink size and cooktop size

• Moderators

Hi,

We have the smaller Oliver (2008), but never felt the need for a range hood in the almost eight years we've been camping with it. The FanTastic Fan's location and power evacuate fumes and vapors from anything we cook, with ease.

We, of course, in the smaller trailer, would never have room for a larger sink. If we have a big crowd (8-10) camping, I may move the dishwash station outside to a small table, next to the outdoor shower. Otherwise, with the two of us, and sometimes one or two tent campers, I'm happy with the sink size. I use a dishpan, and if we're drycamping, heat my dishwater in a teakettle to control the amount of water I consume just washing dishes.

The Smev stove we have (which is likely the same they're using today), has plenty of btu on the bigger burner for saute, fry, boil, or heat water fairly quickly. The heat is concentrated, belying the real btu listing. I've used the same stovetop in a number of rentals in Alaska and recently in Australia, as well as our Oliver, and I"m very, very happy with its productivity. Then again, I cook a lot on the campfire. So, it's another personal decision. Maybe someone who cooks indoors exclusively will chime in with more pros and cons on that.

Best wishes, and happy camping!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.