Refrigerator Control Buttons

bugz

I am not sure if anyone else has the same refrigerator and/or experiences the same issue we were but I thought I would post this anyway. Our Dometic refrigerator has buttons on it that were often being changed unknowingly simply by brushing up against them. Many times the settings were changed or it was turned off completely. Luckily someone has always noticed in time but it could have been much worse. It's just a poor design by Dometic but the refrigerator is fantastic otherwise. Anyway there was a very simple fix for the issue.

http://oliver.hewus.com/Mods/Button_pro ... for_fridge

Have a good one,

Lisa

• Like 1

Being new to this whole trailer thing I was just amazed that a refrigerator could run on propane! It seemed counterintuitive but it sure is cool and I love that it automatically switches between gas, ac and dc. Nifty!

Lisa

• Moderators

Hi, Lisa, Carefully done, well-thought out. Happy camping! Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Lisa & Chuck,

If all you "twosomes" would stop doing the cha-cha and having pillow fights in the walkway you wouldn't be knocking those buttons. Oscar & I have no trouble at all. ;)

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg