Shields hull #111

lindapshields

Hello all, We don't have photos to post right now, but we have our camper! I will post photos as soon as I can. We had some things that needed to be fixed so our trip has not been as planned. But ALL the people we dealt with at Oliver were helpful, informative, and doing their very best (and beyond expectations) to get it all taken care of for us. We liked Fall Hallow campground and were disappointed to miss the opening of the restaurant by about 6 hrs. Also the Natchez Trace campground was a very nice location. Our tow vehicle ("Ruby" Porsche Cayenne GTS V8 six speed manual transmission 405 HP) is proving to be quite capable of towing our treasure.

Linda

• Moderators

Linda,

Congrats! And, you had good weather too - hopefully it held for you all the way home.

Did you get a chance to say "hello" to Twist?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Congrats on your new Oliver! What a great early Christmas present.

We wish you many happy miles, and wonderful camping experiences.

Sherry and Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Congrats on your delivery of "Tripple One". It sure looks nice behind your 405 HP Cayenne. Your about to embark on years of joy and pleasure as you traverse this great country in your OLIVER. Enjoy!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Dave and Linda,

Thanks so much for saying "Hello". I feel bad leaving Twist there, but, I know good hands are treating him well.

Like the number!

Merry Christmas.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

3guor9lpbh65win80zryqku4efpy0jxu.JPG

Hello

Here is the picture of our camper and our car as we leave the office. We had the hull number put on the back above the window and the numbers are 6" high. I have a better picture if you would like to see it and I can figure out how to post it ;-/

We haven't figured out a name.. the car is "Ruby". Any ideas?

Linda

• Moderators

Ruby, Two-sday?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hello,

We have named her Olivia. This follows a long tradition of naming our wheeled companions. We have had Frodo, Bilbo,Griselda, Jezebel (black with red leather interior..she caught fire so we stopped naming for awhile). We have also had LangCusser (a 3 yo's version of Land Cruiser...76 FJ40), Emily/Christine (depending on how she was behaving..think Stephen King), Baby, Juliet, Ruby and now Olivia.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Dave and Linda,

It was great to meet you guys in Hohenwald at the Campground. We had a seamless trip back to CT and a great Holiday with Family and friends.

Hope your trip home was a good one. We are getting ready for our trip South and plan to leave on the 7th. First down to TN then FL Panhandle and then down to Everglades.

So glad we met you and hope to see you again in the future.

Grayson and Ann

p.s. Hull # 112

Grayson and Ann Cook

Northwest CT and Mid Coast Maine

2016 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed FP

Toyota Tundra, Extra Cab, Long bed, 5.7 V8

Yippee-i-o-ki-yah

Grayson,

We are headed to the Everglades, but not till mid Feb. We could only get 4 nights at Flamingo Campground. It was also kind of a hunt to find space in north and central Florida, but with a late planned trip, you get what you can.

Actually we are looking at the possibility of maybe moving to Florida. This is a kind of a look around trip. Never been to Florida, so this is all new territory.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63