Equalizer hitch

ridgwayk

• Moderators

Been down this same road - the bottom line is that it will work, BUT, you will need to trim out parts of the cowling that covers the propane tanks to make room for the brackets that attach to the frame. I choose not to do that.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ollies don't sway. I have removed the Anderson hitch and added air bags for balance and weight. No hook up issues...just push a button to inflate/deflate the bags.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Agreed, they don't sway. Well not enough to make an issue out of it. Our F150 also has electronic sway control when towing and as far as I can tell given some of the harrowing experiences we have had on the road since pick up date I would say it works very well indeed. I assume that most other modern day tow vehicles have similar technologies for sway control while towing. The long and short of it is don't worry about it. You'll be fine without a weight distribution hitch or sway control bars.

Ollies don't sway. I have removed the Anderson hitch and added air bags for balance and weight. No hook up issues...just push a button to inflate/deflate the bags.

Legacy Elite II #70

Thanks for the info on the Equalizer and the sway....That makes perfect sense. I wouldn't cut into the fiberglass either!

So....as someone who's had sway control on their Coleman Sunridge popup (tow vehicle was a 4Runner) and then again on a 25FB Airstream (Yukon XL)...I'm pretty conservative when towing.

We're seriously considering the Ollie, but I'm hearing recommendations that the Anderson hitch is not really needed????

Thanks.

Happiness is seeing Atlanta in your rearview mirror. :-)

Ridgwayk:

I used the Equal-I-zer WDH on previous travel trailers and I think it is the best WDH on the market. However is does not work with the Oliver, so I had a Anderson WDH installed when I picked up the trailer on September 2, 2015. I have not experienced any issues with the Anderson; it smooth's out the up's and down's on the road which makes for a improved ride, plus adds a little extra protection when needed.

I have been pulling travel trailers all over this country for over 40 years and would not pull any trailer the size of the Oliver without a WDH, but that is my opinion.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Thanks for the input everyone. I think the Anderson sounds like a good purchase if nothing more than insurance and a bit more protection and general piece of mind.

Happy New Year to all of you!!

Happiness is seeing Atlanta in your rearview mirror. :-)