battery storage question

Hello,

We have a question about keeping battery charged while in storage between uses. We have "Olivia" stored in a building that is kept at 40 degrees. She will have been stored about 3-4 weeks when we go on our next trip. We have the Trojan AGM batteries, inverter and solar. Do we need to put the batteries on a trickle charger as we do our cars when they get stored over the winter?

Or just plug it in to shore power? What do you do?

Thanks

Linda

• Moderators

Trumpet guy is right. Your Olivia is equipped with a "smart" charger that will top off your battery's then go into storage and/or maintenance mode as is needed.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderator+

The OO is stored inside its own garage and gets no sun on the solar panels so it is always plugged up. The batteries are always at 99 to 100 per cent. It has been outside for the past two weeks and the sun has kept the batteries full. Today I took all the batteries out to run the cables for our new inverter so I plugged it up for a little while.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Con,

I'd take the batteries out, store them in a cool dry location with a "smart charger" (specifically designed for AGM batteries) attached.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"