OWNER'S MANUAL PACKAGE CONTENTS

mountainborn

• Moderators

In another thread Tom brought up a good question about the Owners Manual. Here is a quick look at the package and it's contents. There is the manual in a "binder", that has all of the nifty stuff about the coach. Then there is the Owners Manual and sometimes the installation manual for each appliance in the coach.

>

02-06-08_1823.jpg

>

02-06-08_1824.jpg

>

02-06-08_1825.jpg

Although this is an attractive package, and most informative, it takes up cabinet space and we have stored it under one of the seat storage trays. Probably the reason I didn't quickly look up the bathroom courtesy light switch location !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Thank you for this information.

Ok, here's what I've been thinking Oliver should do. Hope you're listening Robert and Northwoods.

How about a DVD? The first major section could be a sales promotion. Plant tour: fiberglass molding, frame, assembly interior, etc. This could highlight the special construction and features. This could be ordered online for prospective buyers who can't make it to Hohenwald to see these in person. Since there are not that many Olivers out there yet, it's hard to get a look.

The second major section would be the owner's manual - short clips showing "How to's", lights, winterizing, storage nooks, bumber, leveling, etc.

Since there are DVD players in the Olivers, this would be really slick, don't you think.

Tom

I like the "DVD" idea. I am currently working on a "power point" presentation for plant tours. The wife is helping me with this project having several years experience with with the program. ( I'm trying to get her the moniker "ButterKnife"...)

I would think that this would transfer to DVD pretty easy. Maybe even include a copy with the "Brochure" request like you mentioned.

Good ideas and as always...Yes, we are listening. :D Keep the ideas coming in. We might have to give away prizes for the one's we use.

What say you?

Hi Robert and Butterknife!!

Great idea to use Powerpoint! A DVD sales presentation for customer enquiries based on it is great idea! The mere fact that you LISTEN to your customers is very refreshing! It will be the basis for a very long and FRUITFUL(for BOTH) association. Butterknife will hold your feet to the fire, I'm sure!!

Regards, Chuck 8-)

• 1 month later...
  • Moderator+

Hello everyone, this is my first post. I've been "lurking" for a few days. I think the DVD idea is a great one. You might also want to consider putting all the owner manuals in a PDF format to include on an owner's DVD. This would allow you to have access to all the information you need about all your equipment while traveling without having to carry all the books with you...

Just a thought

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Good idea, Steve and welcome to the forum.

Woodalls Campground is on DVD and is a lot easier to use than the book(huge and heavy) saves about 3# and a lot of space. The cubby under the forward dinette seat makes a nice "library" though.

Chuck, still on Geris' computer