Fellow Oliver owner

topgun2

• Moderators

For those of you who have not heard - Ron Merritt has sold his 2015 Oliver and purchased an Artic Fox.

While Ron's You-Tube video was not the only reason I purchased my Oliver, it did have a great deal to do with the decision making. Certainly it was a good job on his part and much appreciated by me. In talking with the folks at Oliver they also appreciated his work.

Ron has said that he still very much likes Olivers, but, given how he used it he felt that something a bit bigger would serve his purposes better.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Well, if you need a bigger trailer, you need a bigger trailer. If I understand how he uses his, he pretty much lives out of his trailer full time, also uses it as his office, moves it very rarely, and isn't too concerned about it lasting more than a few years. To me, the Oliver is more for someone who is on the go and wants something that can handle the years and the miles while being super easy to care for.

It's a similar story to the Technomadia folks, I guess - living full time in their trailer and trying to run a business out of it at the same time - eventually you're going to want a bit more elbow room.

• Moderators

Ron was a great contributor while he had his Oliver.

I can understand his desire for more space, as he lives and works from his trailer, in some pretty intemperate climates sometimes.

Congrats to him on the sale of his Oliver, and good luck with the new Arctic Fox. I understand they are wonderful trailers.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.