Clothesline

topgun2

• Moderators

OK, I've been at it again. This time I've installed a clothesline in the bathroom. I got the idea from similar lines that I've seen in the bathrooms of a number of hotels. The install is fairly simple. For the plate that the line hooks into I used a couple of stainless steel bolts through two holes drilled through the bath wall and into the closet. Inside the closet I used washers and nuts also of stainless. For the main unit, again two holes were drilled through the bath wall and into the bathroom cabinet. Again, stainless bolts, washers and nuts were used to attach a bracket to the wall. Then, as per the instructions, the main unit was placed over the installed bracket, a set screw was tightened and I was done.

A simple twist of the knob in the center of the main unit, pull out the string to the bracket on the opposite wall, tighten the knob and hang up the wet things. Reverse the process to take down the line.

I purchased this from Amazon - $11.99 - Kingsuper Stainless Retractable Clothsline. It will hold up to 11 pounds and will extend up to 8.2 feet.

Bill

Note that in the left side of the picture one can see the bracket on the opposite wall that the line gets hooked into.

Kingsuper Stainless Retractable Clothsline

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 8 months later...

Any updates on this? How is it holding up and would you still recommend it?

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

John,

My total time on the road this year was about 2.5 months.  Out of that I'd say I actually used this clothesline 60 days.  Never had a problem - works like a charm.  There is one small "frayed"  spot on the cord near the end that slips into the bracket on the wall.  However, given that there is about 11 feet of cord in there and it is only "frayed" on the last inch or so and the cord only gets extended about five feet or so, I figure I've got about 60 years or so of cord (if I need it).  As one would expect, there is no rust, pitting, etc. on either the  main unit or the wall bracket.  Bottom line is - I'd purchase it again in a minute.

In case you missed it - there are some other solutions to having a clothesline.  I believe it was "Setting Sail" that put a line at the rear of the Oliver either by using suction cups or "Command Strip" hooks.  Their solution gave more room, but I didn't like the fact that it was out in my living space.

Does that help?

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thanks Bill, I added it to my Amazon list.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Something to think about - we looked at where to put one of these while we were at Oliver yesterday, but my wife and I both decided that an extra towel bar would be a better option.  We're having it installed on the left side of the bath under the mirror.  We can always add the clothesline later if we want, but to us, it would have to be out in the main cabin to be a useful length.