New Orleans - Summer 2016

Maverick

We are planning a trip in the summer of 2016 to New Orleans and are looking for campground suggestions.

There are two campgrounds we have reviewed via the internet that appear to be in a safe location they are: New Orleans West KOA and French Quarters RV Resort.

It has been several years since we were in New Orleans and things have changed so we are looking for suggestions; we like campground with full hooks ups.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Horace and Dianne,

My wife and I are planning a similar trip for this Fall, but we are going to start somewhere on the Natchez trace (maybe even Hohenwald) and work our way down to the Big Easy. Hopefully someone chimes in with some good suggestions.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I have the Allstays Camp/RV app on my iPad. It indicates the following campgrounds

Parc Orleans Campground

Three Oaks and Pine RV park

Jude TravelPark

Riverboat Travel Park

Made Gras Campground

Pontchartrain Landing Campground

these above are Northeast of downtown

French Quarter RV resort- Downtown

Marrero Travel Park

D&D RV Park

Nicholas V Park

R & S MH-RV Park

Laplace Trailer -RV Park

I suggest you inquire about security. I traveled to New Orleans frequently on business. parts of NO, is safe, part not :twisted:

Coy

Bill

I sugest you consider traveling the Natchez Trace Parkway. It starts in Nashville, goes through Hohenwald, and ends up in Natchez Miss. The max speed is 55 and strictly enforced. It is a part of the National Park System and you see no billboards, few cities, but lots of wildlife. After finishing in Natchez Miss, just a short drive to New Orleans

I drove it in my younger days on my Harley, but traded in for my Ollie :?

Lots of Trace info on line

coy

• 4 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Coy,

We did the Trace some 25 years ago which is partly the reason we want to do it again - but, this time with Twist. Hard to be that near New Orleans without staying there at least a few nights. Hopefully Horace and Diane will let us know how they did BEFORE we hit the road in that direction.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"