Question about warranty issues

Newbie question here.

I'm considering a future Oliver purchase. One thing that concerns me is warranty and service issues for a product such as Oliver that is "stand alone." I'm a resident of the west, and Tennessee is a long way away is something goes amiss.

Does Oliver authorize any service from other establishments?

Any comments or experience would be appreciated.

-Dave

We live in Northern CA and bought our Oliver in 2008. We have only taken it to a RV service center once for a repair on the refrigerator and it was covered by the refrigerator warranty and Oliver. Ours was delivered to us in CA because we were unable to go to Tennessee. It would have been nice if we had been able to pick it up at the factory because there was a couple minor issues and a learning curve that we could have dealt with there. Oliver authorized work to be done on the minor issues but we fixed them ourselves. They are a great company to deal with even from this distance. I wouldn't let the distance stop me from buying one of these gems.

Pam

When we purchased our Olie in March of 2015, Robert told us that warranty work could be completed by Camping World. We would need to call Oliver to request service. We live in the west as well. We have absolutely loved our Olie. No warranty issues have beenneeded so far. Oliver has been wonderful to work with on various questions.

We had some electrical issues that was caused when we took the trailer back to the factory for some warranty work. We had the work done by a local RV shop close by after getting approval from Dustin at the factory. It only took about a hour and half to fix the problem. There was no problem getting the shop paid, except they sent the check to the shop instead of me. The shop insisted I pay for repairs, since he had pervious trouble getting warranty payments from other trailer brands. We got it all worked out in due time. Communication is everything.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Dave,

Put that concern about Oliver out of your mind. It is a non-issue. Both from a personal standpoint and in every other instance that I've heard of, Oliver has taken care of warranty issues. And, they seem to want to take care of these issues in any manner necessary in order to satisfy the owner. Finally, I'm also aware of several issues that were not strictly under warranty, but, were still taken care of by the factory. These are fine folks to work with and seem to be willing to not only live up to the "letter of the law", but to go beyond it while being more than "fair" to the customer.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We also live in the west and shared your concern. We were assured that Oliver would support us through Camping World for warranty repairs and above all strive t o make us happy. They emphasized their interest in placing more Oliver units in the west and providing support and service compliments that pursuit. This and other forums, as well as word of mouth, are very influential. I don't think you have any worries. W e look forward to our May 9th delivery date and crossing your path.

Bob and Camille 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull#141

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCATNTXmed.jpg

Bob, if your travels, either way, take you through Kansas City, you are welcome to stop by, overnight or not, as we are a few miles just north of I70 between Lawrence, KS and KC.

Always glad to meet other Ollie owners.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

Stan, a very kind offer that we will embrace when our travel schedule is leisurely. We live in southern CA and our round trip to TN spans eleven glorious days-eight of which exploring the diversity of I-40. Looking forward to meeting you sometime soon in the shade.

• Thanks 1

Bob and Camille 2016 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull#141

http://visitedstatesmap.com/image/AZCATNTXmed.jpg

Bob, if your travels, either way, take you through Kansas City, you are welcome to stop by, overnight or not, as we are a few miles just north of I70 between Lawrence, KS and KC.

Always glad to meet other Ollie owners.

Stan

Hey Stan, How's it going. I come up to Kansas City and Lawrence once in a while (used to live in each)....pretty cool. We got our Ollie, tenative name "Campie" my daughter named it. My brother used to write for the Oskaloosa Independent and the Valley Falls Vindicator. Nice.

2016 Oliver Legacy Elite II;  #129

Ordered in 2015, picked up in 2016.  My friend Don Thompson picked his up right in front of me, very cool dude.

2016 Nissan Titan XD, Diesel