Rear receiver

trumpetguy

Does anyone have experience with the rear hitch offered by Oliver? I would like the ability to put a bike rack or platform back there but the photo I have seen indicates the receiver is very shallow.

Chime in please.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Trumpetguy:

Our 2015 Oliver Elite II which we picked up on September 2, 2015 was the first hitch every installed. And yes the receiver is only 3 1/2" long and has a weight rating of 150 LBS. I under stand that Oliver has had this bike rack hitch redesigned and hopefully with a longer receiver. According to a email I received from Jason at Oliver TT the redesigned rack is still rated for 150 LBS. I have put is a request to Oliver to replace the unit that was installed on our trailer with the redesigned bike rack hitch; so far no response from Jason or anyone else at Oliver.

Our two bikes and the Yakima bike rack weights 121 LBS. I have only traveled with the bikes attached to the trailer just a few miles to see how they rode on the trailer.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

Thanks for the reply. At $500 you should get a stronger receiver. I am talking to a local fabricator about building a similar hitch made of steel rather than aluminum so it should have a higher weight rating.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel