Eggshells in the Outer Banks Oct 7-10 2016

ScottyGS

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Gregg and Donna,

Thanks so much for mentioning this rally. With no explanation, I was shut out of my Oliver account last year, and now that they've upgraded the forum site, I can get back on again.

We're sorry to hear you can no longer make it this year and had to cancel. There will be other Ollies attending the rally, so if your plans change again, we'll have room for you in the OBX nest!

Keep putting out those awesome dive videos on YouTube.

RV Compass: Unconventional Rallies for Independent RVers

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• 5 weeks later...

OBX News and Update

Eggshells in The Outer Banks has partnered with two businesses, Kitty Hawk Kites and Good Winds Restaurant, for the 2016 rally on Columbus Day Weekend. Both businesses are Beacon of Light Sponsors, the event’s highest level of sponsorship.

Kitty Hawk Kites is sponsoring the free campsite giveaway to the winner of the Refer A Friend initiative, and Good Winds Restaurant will cater a light breakfast for free to participants on Columbus Day Morning.

Other companies are also contributing to the rally’s 2nd annual event as participation numbers continue to grow.

Run Rigging Like A Sailor

The Kitty Hawk Kites Adventure Ropes Course at Waves Village Watersports Resort has just opened! This incredible new Outer Banks adventure is the first of it’s kind on Hatteras Island, and it’s less than a ½ mile from our rally nest.

The unique tower creates a safe and interactive atmosphere that features 3 levels and 15 climbing elements that will challenge kids and adults, both mentally and physically.

This course is designed and manufactured by a worldwide leader in the industry, and is world renown for its highest quality and safety standards, as well as its unique design and can accommodate up to 20 participants.

You’ll find me on it!

• Thanks 1

Publisher of The Roost: the monthly e-newsletter that reports mass flockings of Egg trailer enthusiasts

• Moderators

Hidalga,

I don't think your account lockout was intentional. We had a number of problems with the old site... good members got locked out for no reason. I'm sorry, and glad you're back on the new forum site to keep us informed on the event.

Are there still sound front sites available?

Sherry

PS Should you ever have a problem with this site, you can pm me thru the Fiberglass rv forum, where my member name is SherrynPaul.

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks Sherry,

I appreciate your alternative contact if I need to find another way to communicate. There appears to be some sound front sites left, but Camp Hatteras is handling all the bookings so they would know best. Their number is 252-987-2777.

Even if the sound front is limited, all the sites are open and fairly tight knit. We would love to have you join us in the nest!

• Moderators

Thanks, Hidalga. Also thank you for all the work you do to make the egg rv rally map. It's awesome.

Paul and I are thinking of making the detour to the rally, as we have a wedding to attend later in the month up north.

Oliver owners... Is anyone else registered? We've been to a few rallies, not many, but it's always great to meet other fiberglass rv owners. No matter the brand, we've found the owners of glass are just a whole bunch of fun. Great to swap camping stories, and information on the best places to visit, with people of a similar mindset.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 4 weeks later...

Hatterasity! Oct 6-8, 2016

Add the newest event to our rally weekend…

Bluegrass is coming to Hatteras Island, and it’s a weekend block party known as Hatterasity!, happening just down the road from our nest.

Inspired by the success of Manteo's annual Bluegrass Festival, typically held in September, this musical celebration will be held on Columbus Day Weekend in October and will feature a fantastic group of acclaimed musicians and bands.

The Frisco and Hatteras Volunteer Fire Departments will provide food and refreshments, and musicians and vendors will be in attendance—jamming from the Outer Banks area, New York, Pennsylvania, Florida, the mountains of North Carolina, and beyond.

Weekend passes are available for the festivities, and music lovers can also purchase individual day tickets. Kids are welcome at the event, and children under 12 are admitted throughout the festival for free. Tickets can be purchased in advance, and Columbus Day Weekend visitors who want to stay up-to-date on the featured acts can check out the event's schedule online when it’s posted. Destined to be a foot-stomping good time, Hatterasity! is sure to become Hatteras Island's newest beloved annual festival, and we’ll be there to participate.

Hatteras Village Civic Center

56658 NC Highway 12, Hatteras, NC 27943

https://www.facebook.com/Hatterasity-114621662207099/

http://www.hatterasitybluegrass.com

• 2 weeks later...

We’re about 5 weeks away from our Eggshell rally. Things are taking flight and coming together nicely. The Schedule of Events is now available to registered participants.

AND THE WINNER IS…

Dave and Linda from Boerne, TX, Congratulations! Through their efforts of referring friends to the rally, they won a free campsite. Thanks to everyone who helped spread the word. The other people that were credited for referring friends will receive a great chance to win several door prizes.

Although the free campsite has been awarded, please don’t stop nudging friends into the nest with us. We’re less than 10 reservations away from getting another 10% discount on our campsite fee. This applies to EVERYONE booked for the rally!

• 4 weeks later...

If any participants have not received the Schedule of Events and some detailed info on the rally (sent via email about a month ago), please check your spam folder. If it's not there, than please contact me and I'll be happy to resend it.

Camp Hatteras notified me a few days ago that they moved a few people's sites to consolidate the rally together more. I just got back this afternoon to NC from two weeks of rallies and being on the road, so I'll reconcile the two reservation lists tonight and notify those who got switched into another site tomorrow.

In fact, all participants will get a follow-up email from me tomorrow.

Hurricane Matthew Updates

For the latest on Hurricane Matthew and how it affects the rally, please go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks Web Site:

http://www.gardentablet.net/eggshellrally/

Hurricane Matthew Updates For the latest on Hurricane Matthew and how it affects the rally, please go to Eggshells in The Outer Banks Web Site: http://www.gardentablet.net/eggshellrally/

I hope you guys don't have to cancel due to the hurricane, please stay safe. In the event that you do cancel, it is 442 miles (6:36 hrs) due west from Nags Head to the Overland Expo East rally in Asheville ;)

It might be rainy as heck, but it is on high ground and you won't get washed into the sea....

Please post Ollie pics, regardless.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Awesome suggestion John. If we decide to cancel (which would be no later than Tuesday eve), I'll let the crew know that's where I'm headed instead for the weekend!

• Moderators

As of six this evening the weather forecast for this coming Saturday in Asheville, NC is for sunny skies and highs in the mid-70's.  Of course everyone knows just how accurate weather forcasters are even for two days in advance let alone 6 days!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

As of six this evening the weather forecast for this coming Saturday in Asheville, NC is for sunny skies and highs in the mid-70’s. Of course everyone knows just how accurate weather forcasters are even for two days in advance let alone 6 days! Bill

Yeah, and the coast is predicted to have 50+ mph winds and an inch or more rain..... unless Matthew drifts further west. Hunker down folks, and get the awning and camp chairs stowed away.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.