Soon to be New Owners in NJ

ScottyGS

Hello Everyone!

We are Gregg & Donna Scott, soon to be new Ollie owners. We are picking up our Legacy Elite 2 in June and then will be heading over the mountains to the Charlotte area to visit with friends before we point north along the Blue Ridge Parkway for home.

We would like to publicly thank Tom & Sarah Stubbs for their hospitality when we visited to see their Legacy Elite 2. They sealed the deal on the Oliver and gave us more than a few ideas on what we should order for ours.

One word of advice we have to pass along concerns the stripe primary and secondary colors. If you are trying to match a particular color, like your tow vehicle, you can ask local sign shops if they have an Oracal 651 color book. Our local Fastsign location had one on the counter and it was a quick job to make sure we got the color match we wanted.

Will post again when we pick up. Until then... "Happy Trails"!

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum. Love your avatar!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Welcome! Tell me that you are not going to name your new Ollie "Great Scott"!

June should be a wonderful time to take a nice drive on the Parkway. The Davidson River Campground near Brevard, NC is a decent one with reasonable restaurants, a Walmart, and a fairly good grocery store (BI-LO) nearby. There are also several waterfalls near.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

You'll love driving and camping the Blue Ridge. We've camped the entire stretch of the Blue Ridge, plus the Skyline, and certain intervals we've repeated.

It's a wonderful, magical drive.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks Again Sherry,

Here is a link to the inspiration for our avatar:

we shot this video last Thanksgiving on Bonaire. The Trailer will sport the Turtle Logo as well.

Will post pics when we pick up.

Bill,

No.. the trailer will be "The Flying Sea Turtle".

If it was the Great Scot we would have an avatar of an old geezer in a skirt playing the bagpipes! :-)

Thanks for the tip on the Brevard area. We do want to make a stop there on the way through.

It's gonna be a long 9 weeks.

Gregg

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

• Moderators

Gregg,

Awesome video. Brought back wonderful memories of a sailing trip to Tobago Cays,(about 100 miles, I think, from Bonaire) many years ago. The waters and wildlife were amazing.

Paul and I chose the Oliver for many reasons, but one of the most important was its all fiberglass construction. Our almost 40 year old sailboat still looks and works great, and we expect the Oliver will last just as long with proper care and maintenance.

My husband and I believe experiences are so much more important than possessions, but sometimes it's the possession that gets you to the experiences and memories. I believe that's the case with both the Oliver and our boat.

Looking forward to photos of your camper with your turtle graphics design.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 3 months later...