FROM THE LAKE TO THE PLATE !

mountainborn

• Moderators

Kirby Landing Lake Greeson, campsite 27, located just a few hundred feet from lots of clever CACHEMATES caches. The pushbutton cache was our goal , right after this fish fry on the lake. Near dark, we run the bait traps, then cast the jugs. Dark and awning lights come on after that and the domino matches begin. At dawn we run the jugs, fillet fish, then go geocaching. Lunch is followed by more caching. Note that one of our fishermen got too near a reclining lawn chair and got captured ! I had warned him about them recliners ! We needed to "walk off" some of this great meal, while caching. From the Lake to the Plate, it don't get no bettern' this ! Here is the video:

th_04-25-08_1403Lake2Plate.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Mountainborn,

I may have wandered into the uncharted world of the "BLOGISPHERE" but you, SIR, are the KING of the video world. I've always enjoyed your hand-held video segments. With your quiet narration, some almost have a sort of "The Blair Witch Project " quality about them. Like the one in the Wally World parking where one could anticipate calamity just around the corner ... but alas, it's just the sweeper!!

This one evokes warm, good thoughts of plentiful bounty from the lake, good friends, relaxing times and makes me want to hop in my rig and head for Arkansas right now!! Well done :D

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

As Johnny Barker used to say on a popular daytime game show, "COME ON DOWN" ! If something don't unravel, Chuck will be here at the Lake in a couple of days, passing through on his way West. Fishing, dominoes and fish frys, yep, we need to do that, alright. ;)

If you load Oscar and hook up now, we can have a fresh catch of catfish ready when Chuck gets here ! 8-)

Harm's Weigh has room for a couple more, if anybody is intrested and can get away.

th_04-25-08_0920CampSite27KirbyLanding.jpg

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)