Instructions for Using the New Forums

• Administrators

Thank you for your patience while we have moved our forums to OliverTravelTrailers.com.

Here is a list of step you can follow to help you understand how to login, update your profile and user the forums.

For New Users...

Go here to register

You will receive an activation email where you will need to click on the link to activate your account. You should be auto-logged into the website.

You will receive a second email with your auto-generated password. We suggest that you copy that password, then go to the "Gear Icon" on your profile and click My Account.

Find the Change Password tab and paste the password your received in your email into the "Current Password" field, then add your new password.

For Migrated Users from oliverforums.com...

For security, we did not migrate passwords. You will need to Reset your Password by going here first.

http://olivertraveltrailers.com/password-reset/

Enter your email address or username that you previously used on oliverforums.com. You will receive an email with a link to Reset Your Password. Click the link to be redirected to our website and fill out the new password fields and hit submit.

You should be now able to login to the website using your new password.

vizavgj9gjhkyjzua2dt3t5dy7jedmuz.jpg.0aae36847a5c6b1ca5c600cefb137f29.jpg

How to Update Your Profile

Step 1. Login to the website here : http://olivertraveltrailers.com/login/

Step 2. Go to the Forums link at the top of the website or go to http://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/

Step 3. Go to Your Profile... Once you are on the Forums Home Page, either click the link to your name in the Welcome message or click the Forum Menu and click "My Profile."

fyf8z9qhyuijx6o7qt84nrbxplq59i6f.jpg.82ad7849b5bf19135f7241352d728edb.jpg

Step 4. Click the "Gear Icon" on the right, just below your cover photo. Click the "Edit Profile" link in the dropdown.

From here you can upload your avatar image, cover image, update your personal info and social links. Some items will not be viewable in a public view. See the Help icon for details on each profile field.

znzaobshicqct5oy5z18304tg4qljgt9.jpg.74cd22a284ac172d67d678a217603435.jpg

Searching Members or Moderators

You can search members of the forums by going to the Search Members link in the Forums Menu dropdown. Here you can search member by username or by Hull #'s of Oliver Owners.

02xb3mstdh807wwp154uapvte5795row.jpg.bea3012c0ba68251bc29e2a1ac9842b1.jpg

Oliver Owners - Hull # and Manage Referral Program

You will find a section when editing your profile called "My RV or Travel Trailer."

Here you can add your info about the year, model and floor plan of your Oliver Travel Trailer.

You can also manage your preferences for the Oliver Referral Program. If you are willing to show your trailer to potential new customers, you can enable this feature here.

I will be implementing this feature into a map where potential customers can locate a trailer to see. Personal info will not be shared on the website. Potential customers will contact our office and we will contact you to arrange a field visit.

If you decide to go on vacation or take time off from the Referral Program, you can disable this at anytime by editing and choosing "No, I do not want to show my travel trailer to potential customers." You can re-join at anytime.

s1hkwyep2b7j0qtmil1rro5gqanonv36.jpg.3614437c7cc7e51ca009177b207cb564.jpg

If you have any issues. Let me know!

• Thanks 2

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Administrators

Also for Forum authors... we were unable to migrate the subscription of replies to your forum topics. To enable subscription to your topics, go to your profile a click the "Forums" tab. Here you can see a list of all topics you have written. You will have to open each and click the "Subscribe" link on each that you would like to be notified on if anyone replies to the topic.

Sorry for this inconvenience.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Matt Duncan

Thanks for updating the forums Matt...much better look and feel.  BTW is there a way to set all forum entries as "seen"?  or view the entries by newest unread only?

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

Happiness is seeing Atlanta in your rearview mirror. :-)

It does look nice.  I also appreciate the effort you guys are putting in.

Along the same lines as above, it would be nice if you can add a 'View recent posts' menu item or something similar.  Right now, you have to drill down into each topic in succession to see what's been posted, which is...annoying.  It's made worse by the new server being a bit pokey at the moment.  'View Activity" is limited in what it shows, as is the web notifications button, so the forum really needs something that includes all the recent posts.

Thanks!

• Thanks 2

• Moderators

Matt,

YES!  It does look good and, basically, it functions well.  From a business perspective having the Forum as part of the "general" Oliver internet presence makes great sense.  I agree with the posts above that the server is currently a bit slow and that makes navigating a bit tiresome.  However, the ability to have more videos, pictures, etc.  is a real plus.

Nice work!

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Administrators
It does look nice. I also appreciate the effort you guys are putting in. Along the same lines as above, it would be nice if you can add a ‘View recent posts’ menu item or something similar. Right now, you have to drill down into each topic in succession to see what’s been posted, which is…annoying. It’s made worse by the new server being a bit pokey at the moment. ‘View Activity” is limited in what it shows, as is the web notifications button, so the forum really needs something that includes all the recent posts. Thanks!

Yes. I agree. I will be adding more friendly navigation to it this week!

Matt Duncan

• Administrators
Thanks for updating the forums Matt…much better look and feel. BTW is there a way to set all forum entries as “seen”? or view the entries by newest unread only? Thanks again.

I will work on additional views this week and get it a little more user friendly!

Matt Duncan

One thing that would make forum navigation easier would be to put a most recent post time next to each sub category.  Or put the sub category next to the time of the most recent post.  There are some topics I have a lot of interest in, but others Which I do not.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

While on the subject of changes, the old format listed the users city and state, which is nice to know where that person is from, without having to go to their profile. Any chance of getting this feature back?

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Administrators
Matt, I really like what you are doing with the forums. While folks are tossing suggestions your way, what would you think of having the “Forums Menu” feature available on all forum pages?

It should be available on the Forums pages, but I have not integrated it into the profile pages yet. I have a few other projects to finish this week, but I will work on the navigation later in the week.

Matt Duncan

• Administrators
While on the subject of changes, the old format listed the users city and state, which is nice to know where that person is from, without having to go to their profile. Any chance of getting this feature back?

Stan

This shouldn't be a problem... I will put it on the to-do list!

Matt Duncan

Matt:

When a post is created the time stamp is several hours in the future, is this something you are working on to get corrected?

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• 3 weeks later...

Matt,

I have been unable to post any photos due to file type.  I use Dropbox and they do not support any of the file formats you accept.  How about adding some of the more conventional photo file types.  .bmp.png, etc.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Administrators
Matt, I have been unable to post any photos due to file type. I use Dropbox and they do not support any of the file formats you accept. How about adding some of the more conventional photo file types. .bmp.png, etc.

Are you trying to add the images using a dropbox URL? See this to show you how... How to Directly link of embed Dropbox images

Basically if you a trying embed an image that is in your public photos folder on dropbox, click the share button, then "get link," copy the URL and add ?raw=1 to the end of it. That should embed the image into the post.

As far as file types allowed to upload in the editor... .jpg, .png and .gif are allowed. If you have a .bmp I've added that to the allowed file types of attachments at the bottom.

Matt Duncan

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I can't seem to find my temporary password to login and then reset it.

Where do I introduce myself?

Thanks,

John

John

"I only exaggerate enough to compensate for being taken with a grain of salt."

LE2 #92 (sold),   Black Series HQ19   

• Administrators

Hi John. Not sure what's going on here... But you're signed in to be able to post on here. If you are still logged in, just go to your profile and click the gear icon to go change your password to whatever you choose. If you are logged out already, just go to the login page and click the forgot password link and it will send you an email to change it. If you still have issues, let me know.

Matt Duncan

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

It's a caching issue. We use a Content Delivery Network (CDN) to speed up the site and it has help in that aspect, but it is causing issues with profiles and posting. I am working on tweaking the settings so that when a user updates their profile or posts a topic, the cache is cleared from the CDN.

• Thanks 1

Matt Duncan

• 3 weeks later...

Hello to all!

Being new to the forum and planning to purchase our first Ollie, I am interested in the awning that is a option on a Oliver.

Is there a U-tube video I can watch to learn how to deploy  the model used on the Elite II?

Thanks,

Malcolm and Ursula M.

2017 Legacy Elite II Hull # 204 "Olivia"

2016 Ram 2500HD Diesel 4x4