Too tall in Maryland

BradHess

We want a small fiberglass trailer. I am 6' 3", my wife is 6' 1". We had thought this had pretty much painted us into the following corner: Lil Snoozy, Escape, Parkliner. But we really like the Oliver Legacy Elite. (Yes, the Elite II is tall enough for us, but it is longer and heavier than what we want.)

Are there any tall Oliver owners out there who can comment on what it is like standing in a Legacy Elite with their head cocked? I am thinking we won't be doing much standing inside the trailer. My wife might manage just touching her head, but not running into the AC register.

Maybe we just need to get inside one and see how it feels, but a trip from Metro DC to the factory in the middle of Tennessee is quite a hike.

• Moderators

The ducted hvac should reduce head bump issues indoors. We find our oliver lives very large on the outside... indoors, We mostly sleep and make coffee, or work on the computer, seated.

I know of one friend in Virginia with a 2008 Elite. He is fairly tall. Maybe you could ask Oliver for a referral near you? I don't honestly know if the interior height overall has changed on the oeiginal and new Elites.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Administrators
We want a small fiberglass trailer. I am 6′ 3″, my wife is 6′ 1″. We had thought this had pretty much painted us into the following corner: Lil Snoozy, Escape, Parkliner. But we really like the Oliver Legacy Elite. (Yes, the Elite II is tall enough for us, but it is longer and heavier than what we want.) Are there any tall Oliver owners out there who can comment on what it is like standing in a Legacy Elite with their head cocked? I am thinking we won’t be doing much standing inside the trailer. My wife might manage just touching her head, but not running into the AC register. Maybe we just need to get inside one and see how it feels, but a trip from Metro DC to the factory in the middle of Tennessee is quite a hike.

Looks like we have an Elite owner in Lexington, VA willing to show their unit if you're interested. You can call the sales office and they can help arrange a field visit if you want. 1-888-526-3978

You can find Oliver owners locations here that are will to show their units: http://olivertraveltrailers.com/see-an-ollie/

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

While I'm a bit shorter than either of you, I'm right at six feet tall.  I find that the interior of the Oliver appears to be very open due to the clean look of the gelcoat and mirrored cabinet fronts and I can easily walk anywhere without fear of hitting my head.  One of the reasons I got my Oliver was that I could stand straight up in the shower.  However, even though I got a twin bed model, I would not recommend the twin bed for anyone much over my height.  As has been said before, the only real way to know if it is right for you is to go look at one.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderator+

Although this will not help you with the length or the weight, I have an Oliver friend that is 6'4" and can stand anywhere in the main body of the coach with the exception of directly under the A/C without hitting his head.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg