Picking Up on May 10.....

• Moderators

Our pick up is next Tuesday.  We leave on Sunday and will arrive in Hohenwald early Monday afternoon.  Staying at Fall Hallow Monday night.  Thought we'd go by Monday afternoon to see our trailer and all the Oliver folks.

I'm thinking we might video some of the orientation, did anyone do that and was it beneficial?

Our trip to the factory is a day and a half, our trip home will be 10 days:  Hohenwald - Land Between the Lakes - Table Rock Lake State Park/Branson - Crater of Diamonds State Park AR - Mother Neff State Park TX - home.  Should be a good break-in trip!

Any pick-up tips or advice?

Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

If you have a few minutes, while at Fall Hollow, take a ride up the parkway about a half mile to the pull off, and follow the trail back to the waterfall. It's pretty neat and you can walk behind the the falls and look out through the falling water.

Stan

• Thanks 1

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Your plan of going over to the Sales Office the afternoon prior to delivery day is a good one.  We did this and it sure did help us.  Assuming that they are not too busy, you will get a chance to meet the "players", meet you new Ollie, re-confirm the times for delivery day, and, take some of the edge off your anticipation.

I know that we could have benefited from a video prior to getting Twist.  Certainly this would be a great project.  However, I certainly could not have done it.  You will be very busy on delivery day.  Having owned several RV's prior to Twist, I'm very familiar with basic RV systems.  But, I also had to learn the new systems that are specific to Oliver, make sure that all of the things I wanted on Twist were there, complete the paperwork (actually this part takes relatively little time because Anita is soooo good), make sure that the fit and finish is up to your standards, and make sure that everything works (something as simple as a broken buckle on a battery strap is easily overlooked).  Perhaps if there was a third party along they could do the video?

Having lived in St. Louis for 25 years I know that is some very nice country you are traveling through on your maiden trip.  Have fun, take lots of pictures so that we can enjoy the journey with you.  and finally, please give Anita a big hug from both Twist and me.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Going by Monday afternoon will give us some time to spend in/around our trailer.  I'm sure Anita will take care of us Tuesday, we don't expect much attention Monday.  We are staying in Hohenwald an extra night so we will run up the parkway to experience the waterfall!  We will have iPhone's at the ready so we should have some good photos.  Thanks for the  great advice!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Mike & Carol,

I can just feel your wheels turning as you head toward the Mothership.  Its actually REAL now.  Good luck tomorrow and Tuesday.  It sure is a fun experience.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"