Video - How to Get Sound From TV through Stereo Speakers

• Administrators
Excellent! Hey Matt, nice cameo appearance in the video. Are you using a GoPro? Buzzy

Actual I have a DJI Osmo... it is very cool!

I also have a DJI Phantom 3 Professioanl drone that I'm doing some personal aerial stuff with.

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Administrators
So happy to see this. We were wondering how or if this could be accomplished.

And upon checking this out – it did not work. Help!

Do you have the Jensen TV in your trailer?

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• Moderators

Ed & Marsha,

For what its worth - mine do not work either.  I've already got an appointment back at the mother ship to get this fixed in early July.

Matt - in case you forgot what you did with your sunglasses - they are on your head.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ed & Marsha, For what its worth – mine do not work either. I’ve already got an appointment back at the mother ship to get this fixed in early July. Bill

Not what I wanted to hear.   We've already been back there for issues three times since we picked up on June 8, 2015.  Hopefully Matt will be able to get back to us with a solution.

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

Matt:

Using your above method to get audio from the TV via the radio works, but the audio is only delivered to the left side of the trailer front and rear speakers; is there are way it can be delivered to all four speakers?

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

2016 Toyota Tundra Crewmax 4x4 Limited

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull # 93

• 2 weeks later...

CHECK CABLES ARE CORRECTLY PLACED:  OUTPUT FROM TV AND INPUT INTO RECEIVER.

Hi everyone,

We had a real B(*^% of a time getting the sound from the TV to the speakers.  We spent quite a bit of time reading, researching and trouble shooting but the fix?

the cables on the output from the tv were placed incorrectly AND the input from the tv to the receiver were incorrect.

it's an easy enough DIY fix if you are tech savvy.  if you want to wait until july for OTT to fix, ask them to look at the cable inputs/outputs.  and if you can't wait, i'm sure a best buy tech or any audio-visual store could help trouble shoot.

CHECK CABLES ARE CORRECTLY PLACED:  OUTPUT FROM TV AND INPUT INTO RECEIVER.

The cables on the output from the tv were placed incorrectly AND the input from the tv to the receiver were incorrect.

As owners of Oliver Travel Trailers waiting for a fix from Oliver until July is not acceptable; they should provide detailed instructions as how to correct this problem, quickly.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

sorry for the confusion about july.  my comment was in reference to the comment by topgun:

Ed & Marsha, For what its worth – mine do not work either. I’ve already got an appointment back at the mother ship to get this fixed in early July.  

Matt,

If you read this, could the quality assurance people at the plant address the issue of the cables from the TV to the stereo speakers being installed incorrectly?  I have a feeling since so many people have had issues similar to ours that this may be need to be addressed with the tech handling the AV installation on the trailers.

FYI for your techs:

During our troubleshooting we found:

1. the output cables from the JENSEN TV were plugged into the incorrect jacks on the TV itself.

2. the front panel of the FURRION receiver had to be removed in order to check the input cables which were also found to be plugged in incorrectly.

3. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND MAKING SURE THIS SET UP IS COMPLETE AND WORKING AS PART OF THE DELIVERY DAY PROCESS.   

This was not tested during our delivery day and our troubleshooting took place our first night in a memphis campground.

4. for trailers already delivered, i believe it should be easy enough to walk the owners over the phone to make sure the set up is correct before referring anyone to an outside repair tech.  a video of the correct installation of the cables would be even better:)

Hi there.. this is Ken (Tina's hubby) helping to clarify what Tina wrote in her #2 point above about "removing the front panel of the FURRION"....

It's not hard to do, but first you would have to remove the cover plate that snaps off/on around the perimeter of the Furrion, then remove the 4 screws holding the Furrion in place, then slide it out. Then, make sure the audio cables coming from the TV output jacks are plugged into the Auxiliary IN jacks on the Furrion. As she mentioned, the audio cable was not plugged into the OUT jacks on the TV, and it was plugged into the incorrect jacks on the Furrion.

Hi there.. this is Ken (Tina’s hubby) helping to clarify what Tina wrote in her #2 point above about “removing the front panel of the FURRION”…. It’s not hard to do, but first you would have to remove the cover plate that snaps off/on around the perimeter of the Furrion, then remove the 4 screws holding the Furrion in place, then slide it out. Then, make sure the audio cables coming from the TV output jacks are plugged into the Auxiliary IN jacks on the Furrion. As she mentioned, the audio cable was not plugged into the OUT jacks on the TV, and it was plugged into the incorrect jacks on the Furrion.

After correcting the wiring issue, did you have audio coming from all four speakers or just the two speakers on the left side of the trailer?  Our trailer was wired correctly, but after changing the settings on the TV as Matt recommended in the above video the TV audio worked but only on the left side of the trailer.  So far I have not had any feedback from Matt from my May 14, 2016 post on this issue.  It appears that OTT needs to do a better job of quality control of checking out these trailers before delivery.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

• Moderators

FWIW, during our May 10 delivery Tommy ran through the functions of the A/V system which included using the four trailer speakers with the TV.  No problems.  It seems like it would be SOP for the technician who installs the A/V hardware to check the functions at the time of installation.

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Both sides work for us... all 4 speakers. One side or the other can be turned off by pressing the speaker A and B switches on the Furrion... so ensure you haven't accidentally turned one of those off (I'm sure you are aware of that). Oliver was very good in support of some recent warranty work I had done locally here in Tampa... perhaps you could ask them for authorization to seek warranty work that Oliver would pay for. Good luck!!

Tommy from OTT contacted us and walked us (Ed) through taking the face plate off and it turns out the wires were reversed.   We have sound from the TV coming from all four speakers!

~Marsha

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

Horace and Diane,

aside from miswiring and other issues I can hardly believe I'm reading about, have you made sure your speaker balance setting is set correctly? Maybe it got unbalanced along the way somehow.

Turn on TV and Furrion, with the TV remote, press Menu, then scroll across to Audio, then scroll down to Balance. Should be in the middle for starters. Also as wave1127 mentioned, check the A and B settings on the Furrion and make sure they are on.

I followed that video carefully and thankfully it worked great. Much nicer than the TV speakers.

Good luck!

Dave

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

I removed the Furrion DV1200 radio and discovered that the red audio lead coming from the TV was connected to a wrong terminal in the radio.  Moving the red lead to the correct terminal corrected the audio issue I was having with only two speakers.  Now the audio is delivered to all four speakers if the “A” and “B” switches are activated.

After reinstalling the Furrion DV1200 radio, I decided to check all operations out completely.  We had only been using the AM/FM radio and the DVD option to watch movies or using the USB option to lessen to music.  We had never inserted a CD before and when I did insert a CD it indicates “LOAD” and you see the Disc symbol running, then after approximately one minute a message appears on the Furrion screen say “No Disc”, and of course no music is heard.  The Furrion allows me to eject the CD with no problems.

Am I missing something when trying to play a CD?  DVD’s play with no issues.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

For those of you that had to pull out your Furrion to fix misplaced wiring, did you by chance notice if there was an extra HDMI jack back there?

Sorry for all your troubles. There's always something that needs a little tweaking at the beginning, no matter how hard one strives for perfection. They can all be fixed or adjusted/modified and you'll still have one of the best rigs out there.

Dave

2015 Oliver Elite, Hull 107

1998 Ford E-250, 5.4 liter

For those of you that had to pull out your Furrion to fix misplaced wiring, did you by chance notice if there was an extra HDMI jack back there? Sorry for all your troubles. There’s always something that needs a little tweaking at the beginning, no matter how hard one strives for perfection. They can all be fixed or adjusted/modified and you’ll still have one of the best rigs out there. Dave

There is only one HDMI connection on the rear of the Furrion DV1200 radio.

Horace & Dianne

Chesapeake, Virginia

• Service Manager

I'm sorry to hear that so many people are having issues with the radio/tv setup. This issue has been addressed and we shouldn't see this issue moving forward. If anyone goes through what has already been suggested here and continues to have issues, please give us a call.

• Thanks 2

----------------

Jason D. Essary

OLIVER SERVICE

228 Industrial Ave

Hohenwald, TN 38462

Phone: (888) 526-3978

Hours: Monday - Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm CST

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any review, use, distri­bution or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and delete the message and any file attachments from your computer.

Login to Service Portal: https://support.olivertraveltrailers.com/portal/en/home

fyi,

we're still thrilled to have to best travel trailer built!  the tv/radio cable fix was a minor issue for us but it's good to have this forum where we can discuss and help each other out.  thanks to everyone for your input and thank you Oliver for responding to this issue!  y'all rock:)