Aspiring owner from Tennessee

Laps

As the introductory title would imply, I have not yet purchased an Oliver trailer but am scheduled to do a factory tour mid June.  Heather at Oliver has been extremely helpful thus far and I have spent days here exploring the forums.  I have had the desire to purchase a travel trailer for many years but now being recently retired in 2013 I finally will take that plunge.  My background is that I have been an avid backpacker and tent camper for my entire life since a young age in Boy Scouts.  My other interests include fly fishing, photography, motorcycles, dogs, wolves (I'm a volunteer at a local wolf habitat) and as a private pilot I enjoy my Cessna 172.   There have been many challenges amidst this life journey but I'm hopeful of enjoying the travels and adventures that will take me back to the West and onward to many other areas.   I have visited the entire lower 48 states by motorcycle and truck, always camping, I dislike hotel stays with a passion, and ultimately my aspiration is to make it to Alaska, and yes hopefully in an Oliver.  Seems like a great forum here and hope to learn as much as possible.

• Thanks 2

Buzzy, thanks for the warm welcome, and I have done as you requested and posted a few quick grab pics of the wolves (both as puppies and adults) and a couple of my German Shepherds.  Not exactly Oliver material and hope the forum moderators will allow a bit of lee way in that regard.  I promise to post lots of pics once I get the Oliver and am on the road.   BTW, thanks for the link to wolf hollow.

Welcome!!!!

We are new Oliver owners purchasing a used Ollie last month. Also like flying, riding, and photography.  Saw a Red Wolf close to Little Switzerland NC last year while riding the Vstrom. Had to look it up to be sure what I had seen.

Took these shots while on a camping trip last year.

Somewhere in Montana:

Flying & Riding shots :) :

• Thanks 1

LE2

Thanks for the welcome Bill and the photos from Montana, been there many a time and one of my favorite places ever to go.  "Heaven on Earth" is how I refer to Montana.

Regarding your red wolf sighting, hate to burst that bubble, but was probably a coyote, many experts have difficulty in telling the two apart, and the red wolf is endangered and mostly confined to the Albemarle Peninsula: "The problem is, the 100 wild red wolves are believed to inhabit a fairly limited area. Their native habitat includes a mere five counties in Eastern North Carolina, specifically the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge. Here, the Fish and Wildlife Service planned to monitor and help the red wolf packs to recovery."   I am a huge advocate for all wolf recovery, but that is another story.   I am very familiar with the Little Switzerland area via the Blue Ridge Parkway and yes, on a bike.

Hope to hear more about your Oliver!

• Thanks 1

• Moderator+
Buzzy, thanks for the warm welcome, and I have done as you requested and posted a few quick grab pics of the wolves (both as puppies and adults) and a couple of my German Shepherds. Not exactly Oliver material and hope the forum moderators will allow a bit of lee way in that regard. I promise to post lots of pics once I get the Oliver and am on the road. BTW, thanks for the link to wolf hollow.

Laps...

From the moderators standpoint, and I'm sure everyone else's, we love pictures. Post anything you like especially your dog and wolf pics. Wolves are near and dear to my heart.  This a picture of my wolf we named Marabou that I had from the mid 80's thru the mid 90's.  She was such a joy.  All I had to do was look up and stick my lips out and she would begin begin to howl!

tku33kl892h5m1blumnzxohym2s20j8j.jpg.92021580ebfa704d9d12e6aa39e2f821.jpg

I know you are excited about the prospect of Oliver Ownership and I sincerely hope you can make that happen. You probably have a million questions and this is the place to ask them.

• Thanks 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg