ROKU Streaming Video anyone?

DavePhelps

Good Morning, We are camped in our Oliver after making a trip to the Mothership yesterday. Last night, I tried to hook up the hdmi splinter that David (S) recommended. I wanted to see if I could use my cell phone as a mobile hotspot with my laptop to watch a movie on Amazon Prime displayed on the Furrio Television . It took me less than 5 minutes to make it happen. Thanks for the help from previous post. We are now jamming to Eric Church, Chris Janson and Luke Combs on youtube at David Crockett State Park at 5:30 am displayed on the television in a park with no wifi. Next stop Lake Guntersville. On by the way, I am not a techie. Usually a hammer, crescent wrench and a log spliter will cure most of my problems.

• Thanks 3

• 3 weeks later...

Dave,

Looks like you have everything figured out. We have a Roku stick and plan to use it in our Ollie. Plan to eventually get the A/B switch for dual hdmi input. Don’t know if this has been mentioned but our 2018 model has composite audio output to the furrion stereo so hdmi is only wired for DVD out from the furrion stereo to the furrion tv.    I am planning on putting the A/B switch in the attic and  think the TV communication from the Roku remote works via infrared (to power on/off TV) and the stick via RF shouldn’t need an IR receiving eye for the stick if hidden in the attic.

correction.    Actually Roku sticks should have the enhanced remote and those are supposed to communicate over a common wireless network. We really like the private listening mode that is a feature of the phone remote app. Allows use of headphones and stops ambient audio from tv.

Garry and Kristi

Apex, NC

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull 372

TV 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 L EcoDiesel

image.jpeg.aed3a6aa6cd2b2679a4845e1ea98a981.jpeg

My wife hooked up all our TV's,  that's four with the ROKU devices, I do know that one is the top line ROQU ($85.00 Amazon) and it has a HDMI connection, two are the middle range ROKU's about ($55.00 Amazon), and one is the cheap one ($20.00 Amazon). All being said I would pass on the $20.00 one, but depending on how your connections are will depend on which higher price ROKU you will need. I do know it you don't have Internet Equipped TV's the hookups will not be plug and play, or may not ever work at all as there will probably not have the needed connection on the back to plug into, but our TV's are so equipped, so it was easy for her. She also setup the computer with ROQU so everything works, something I have not done, so if she leaves me I will be without TV for sure, I guess I better be nice. We have not tried it the camper as of yet as we will need some type of WiFi connection to do this, haven't given this much thought as we go camping to get away for the city life and if we can just get TV over the air, we are happy with that.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.