RVER II UPDATE

fiberglassegg

Once again we are organizing The River Valley Egg Rally.

For those of you who didn't make it last year, it was a blast.

This year's agenda is very similar to last year’s, with the addition of security class being taught by lane and poodle girls.

It is going to be a great time spent with great people.

The venue this year, while not on the river like last year (the old site was flooded this year), is a larger park with many more conveniences close at hand.

The club house is brand new, constructed September of 2007. The club house itself is almost twice the size of last year’s facility and has 3 large unisex restrooms, each with its own shower. Plus a restroom inside the club house itself.

Sure does beat last year’s site with all the restroom troubles.

The rally starts like last year with a catered dinner on Thursday for your convenience after your long drive, and ends with fantastic entertainment on Saturday night and a pancake breakfast on Sunday

And all the stuff you could possibly imagine packed in the middle.

Hosting this year again are

Herschel and Darlene Bowers

Thomas Martin and Katy Price

and

Michael Townsend and Patricia Temple

If any one attending has a special area of interest and would like to have a class or lesson let us know.

Any one who wants to help with anything, let us know - we aren't shy and would love the help.

Hope you look at the site and head our way.

Thanks

Michael, Pat, Herschel, Darlene, Thomas and Katy

The rally is Sept. 11-14, in Van Buren Arkansas.

• 3 months later...
  • Moderators

Wow. I noticed in another thread that we now have three Olivers going to this rally. So cool. Wish we could be there, too, guys, but it's a little bit too far west for us to get home when we need to for a family milestone birthday....

We'll be thinking of you, and looking for photo postings. Anybody else thinking about attending?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

So far, I think it will be Chuck N Geri, Steve N Talli and Larry N Betty. Larry and Betty ? Now who in the heck is that ? :lol:

By the way, thanks for the update on the RVER II !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Thanks for the invite, but mapquest shows it's about 1100 miles home after the rally. Those long runs with little time are tough... Should plans change, we'll let you know. How great to be with so many Olivers in one place... a new record. Really wish we could make it. It's a beautiful area.... spent some time there with my family in the late 60's and early 70's.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hey DAWGZ!!!!

We're going to factory then the Rver Rally then Crater of Diamonds SP, Ark, then back to Apalachicola for Drs app't in Dade City (Withlacoochee Park)then off to CA for Lake Casitas Rally via AZ. Join us somewhere?????? 4 Olivers at RVer Rally would be great!!

Chuck n Geri

• Moderators

Geri and Chuck,

Wish we could, but I think it's cutting time too close... You remember how it is.... Would love nothing better than to hang with three other Olivers in Arkansaa... my old stomping grounds from days gone by. I especially appreciate your heads up on the rally a few weeks ago when we had limited access to the intenet. We think of you both often.

I saw a post elsewhere today about Eastpoint and all the rain. We've had less than pleasant weather the last few days, but nothing to whine about in Pinellas county. How's everything at home? I suspect you're on the road...

Take care, and happy camping,

Sher

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Just got off of the phone with Sherry and Paul ! They couldn't resist the opportunity to meet up in VanBuren with Chuck & Geri, Steve & Tali and Betty & I. Phone service was a little bit spotty but they are camped in Lake Ouachita State Park, enroute to the RVER II !

Yep this is gona' be a fun thang !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

I do believe this constitutes the LARGEST gathering of Olivers outside the factory EVER! And maybe ever if, and Robert would have to confirm it, has there ever been 4 completed Olivers in the factory at ONE time????? hmmmmmmm this could be history in the making!!! :o

Chuck n Geri n the Phunny Pharm

• Moderators

Roll call, RVerII...

Mountainbon & Butcherknife, Earthdancer & Tumbleweed, and the Seadawgs... Scubarx is on the way... Tomorrow we'll have four Olivers in Van Buren AR. Wish all of you could be here with us...

Arkansas is a beautiful camping state. I'll post more of that on the camping report thread. Suffice to say... it's tough to pick a place to stay in the abundance of state parks, USFS, and Army Corps of Engineer parks.

Good news from home allowed us to stay on the road a little longer than we thought. Tonight, the night before the rally, half the RV resort is full of fiberglass eggs. The Oliver group is doubled up, having a lot of fun with the other fiberglass owners around us, too.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Actually, we need to get 5 Olivers in one place to break the record. Apparently, there were 4 Olivers at the Coos Bay, Oregon rally back in July that the Oliver Road Crew went to.

I suspect it will happen soon, as more and more of these hit the road :)

Have fun guys.. wish we were there!

- Cherie

• Moderators

We wish you were here, too! Hope you're having fun out west!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Hey Cherie ! Shake that palaya dust offa' yer' Oliver, at a proper interstate highway speed and you can be setting at the Rowdy's Table at Rick's Barbeque with us !

They slid several tables togather for us so we could all continue our lively chatter during a really great Barbque meal ! We were seated in the corner, right under the large Sport's Bar type television that's suspended from the ceiling. Geri was slipping around to take a photo of all the nonsense, when she bumped her head on the TV.

We were accompanied by some of the neatest Casitans, they were "our kind of goofy" !

The table was in a constant uproar, Chuck kept us in stitches ! Where does he come up with all of those wild shirts ?

After dinner we sat under the awnings with the ground lights glowing gently, enjoying a glass of wine in the cool evening darkness, as visitors stopped by to visit. ;)

Hey, our Casita cousins have been at this for awhile, and they have got it down pat ! As the day began to wind down and first one then another, slipped off to bed, I began to wonder what new adventures awaited in Fiberglass RVland. ;)

Hey ! Oliverians ! If you can make it to the RVER II, in VanBuren Arkansas, we would enjoy your company. :D

Cherie, you set the bar for a new record at five, you and Chris come help us set a new record !

We are at exit #5, just off of I-40, parked next to Overland Parks #2 WIFI signal repeater and the internet is fine ! Jump on in !

• Moderators

Tom, I tried to arrive at a descriptive word for us. Somehow group, gathering and bunch just didn't seem to fit. For a bit I considered the descriptor "cluster", but decided that it was too close to an old military term that you may be familliar with.

Well, I have tarried too long at the laptop, and the rowdy bunch is already gathered around the coffee pot. I am missing out on some of that cool fiberglass RV stuff ! :shock:

As much as we'd like to help set the record... I think we'll be west coasters for a bit more. After a hectic cross country journey, we're enjoying a much more relaxed pace and looking forward to reconnecting with our Bay Area community and actually organizing Orion. I'm also looking forward to nestling in a redwood forest soon. :)

We're currently boondocked in the Tahoe National Forest - listening to smooth jazz, watching a woodpecker and soaking up amplified cell signal. The view is stunning, and Chris did a lovely (albeit scary at times) job of backing us up a rocky, uphill dirt road to find the one square inch of level space in an ole miners wagon trail. Gotta love the 4" lift on the Oliver and 4x4 drive :)

We'll toast a glass of wine in your honor :)

- Cherie

• Moderators

Anybody have a good home remedy for removing scorched white wine from the microwave ? Cherie, we tried to return the toast to you guys this evening. We don't have a toaster, so we put one of those long stemmed goblets full of wine in the microwave.

That bright red plastic goblet will never be the same again !

Geri has recovered quickly from her bump on the head recieved from the large screen TV in the barbeque joint last evening. Here are some photos she took before getting the hit on the head. Luckily the manager of the place never saw the dent in the TV hanging from the ceiling ! We checked her pupils and they were equal and reactive, so we sat her back up in her chair before anyone even noticed. Directly she became cognizant, again, and finished up her prime ribs. He, he, joke, folks, joke !

Tonight was the catered dinner, and man, oh, man ! Did they ever put on a good feed here at the RVER II !

Lots of good fellowship and hijinks ! Hershel started a rumor that the Oliver bunch was so pampered by the Oliver factory, that a factory represenative was on the way to show one Oliver owner how to turn on his air conditioner and they were going to put the Oliver

owner up in a motel until he could get there !

Lane, or was it the Poodle girls, said that when one Oliver owner couldn't figure out how to hook up his water, the factory was going to drill a well for him !

Yes we are having a great time and our Casita Cousins are making sure of that !

This photo was taken as we were waiting for Steve and Tali arrive:

RiverValley015.jpg

Photo by EarthDancer Images, Apalachicola Florida.

• Moderators

This photo shows the ceiling mounted large Screen TV in the Sports Bar/barbeque Joint, before it was damaged, cutting short Butcherknife's table dancing routine.

RicksRibs.jpg

Photo by EarthDancer Images Apalachicola Florida.

• Moderators

"Honey did you pack my CAMO THONG ? " "I plan to do a bit of table dancing myself, at tonight's catered dinner, brass pole or not !"

RiverValley003.jpg

Photo by EarthDancer Images Apalachicola Florida

• Moderators

Friday, busy day. After the Continental Breakfast, SeaDawgz had to leave to make their scheduled stop at Sherry's folks place in Hanibal, Mo. In this photo Sherry directs Paul back to hook up:

DawgzMoanBackRVERII.jpg

• Moderators

All of the Ollies were sharing campsites, and parked so that the awnings faced each other. Here is the OLLIE CLUSTER:

4OlliesRVERII.jpg

From left to right they are, SCUBARX Steve & Tali, SEADOGS Paul & Sherry, MOUNTAINBORN's Larry & Betty, TUMBLWEDE & EARTHDANCER Chuck & Geri.

• Moderators

After seeing the Dawgz off,

SeadawgzTag.jpg

we went across the river to the large seafood place at the bottom of the bridge, on the Fort Smith side, for lunch. Betty never had scallops before, I told here that they weren't any good and that I would eat them for her.

FtSmithRestaurant.jpg

After lunch we prowled downtown VanBuren, through all of the cool old stores and shops.

Soon it was time to get ready for the potluck dinner. Now, that was some kind of a feed ! All of those special dishes, followed by drawings for prizes !

• Moderators

One of the places that we visited while in the VanBuren area was this very old grave. The plaque on the end says that it is from the Hernando Desoto exploration of the new world. It is made of all natural stone from the area. Makes one wonder how they manhandled and set those large stones.

VanBurenGrave.jpg

Here is what is left of the hand carved inscription on the head stone.

VanBurenGrave5.jpg

• Moderators

What was left of hurricane Ike passed through out campsite last night. Occasional heavy rain with gusts of wind that would buffet the Ollie around a bit from time to time. We had a great "pickin' n' grinnin' " at the rec hall last evening, starring "SPIFFY T". Now, that guy can really bend them strings on that twelve string guitar ! Oh, yeh, and, he can carry a tune ! He had everyone in the hall singing along to the Roger Miller tune, KING OF THE ROAD, "trailers for sale or rent, rooms to let fifty cents" !

The sun is slow to come up this morning. It will be sad to see our merry, but temporary, fiberglass city break up to go their seperate ways.

VanBurenGrave3.jpg