Shower Head Replacement

hardrock

Has anyone changed out the Oliver supplied handheld showerhead?  More specifically, has anyone changed over to the Oxygenics showerhead that so many other RVers rave about?  The current shower head is heavy and could break the fiberglass if dropped, has poor water dispersion and could be drastically improved.  I am considering changing out to the "Oxygenics showerspa handheld for RVs", but cannot determine if the fittings are a match.

THANKS,

Hardrock

I would thing the fittings would match up, but as the shower head is also used for the sink faucet, would that head fit for the sink? You almost have to have one in hand to check the fitting. They did get rave reviews on the one web site I checked.

Guess you could always order one from Amazon and if it doesn't work, send it back.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

I've been considering the same thing. I'm not too concerned about the weight aspect, but for me it seems the pump can't keep up with it to maintain adequate pressure for more than about 15 secs, Oliver covered a pump replacement but that didn't really help, I've made some other mods that have helped a little, I have one more to try then it's the faucet.

Bill, is that measuring the current faucet in the trailer? How hard is that too get to, what does it entail?

It would be a shame to lose the current faucet, I looked it up and they are about $225 to replace.

Any input on users water pressure at the shower head would be appreciated so I know what is normal thanks.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

Bill, is that measuring the current faucet in the trailer? How hard is that too get to, what does it entail? It would be a shame to lose the current faucet, I looked it up and they are about $225 to replace. 

That's the shower/faucet nozzle  threaded directly directly to the Ollie shower/faucet handle. Took about 30 seconds to remove. Assuming the "Oxygenics showerspa handheld for RVs"  assembly with hose fittings are standard, since the Ollie has a standard shower/faucet nozzle size.

• Thanks 2

Bill #75 LE2

Hi there, We also experience poor pressure from the shower. After checking for voltage drop at the pump, checked the valves and filter screen for obstruction, OTT sent me a replacement pump which before installing I benched tested along with the original pump, timing the GPM. Both pumps performed the same and within rated capicity. After installing the new pump it helped a little but not much. I too was wondering if this was normal. Please pass along anything you find that inproves the performance, thanks.

Joel&kim

Austin Tx, 2015 Oliver legacy elite II

When we bought our OTT back in Feb this year, replacing the shower head was on my list of "modifications to figure out someday" because i personally would prefer a shower head for showers.  Ken is indifferent, he's fine with the faucet as is.

Thinking that hose connections are pretty standard i ordered the following:

1. 2 way diverter valve

http://www.amazon.com/Diverter-Universal-Component-Replacement-Showerhead/dp/B00QORO9F0?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s01

ldgibzerwuua6a80whsn4obgyoe3xet9.jpg.c7badc242026ec1a43c709d2293ba8a6.jpg

2. Camco shower head (based on amazon reviews but i'd love to see the oxygenics showerhead you guys speak of...)

http://www.amazon.com/Camco-43713-Shower-Switch-Flexible/dp/B000NOUQSY?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s02

ocqigt4ffpt9vszatofxmwr0pzc78nhn.jpg.a4cd21561218a669ec8de6ea8524a2ab.jpg

My thinking was that i could have both the faucet and shower head attached with just a switch of the diverter valve to use whichever head was needed at the time.

Well it's now June (!) but Ken and i both work full time and the OTT is stored offsite so even though i have the parts, we haven't really had a chance to try and install the system.  Our last trip i took the showerhead out of the package and Ken was quick to dismiss the connections not working but i'm still determined to make it work next time we are in the trailer!  I'll be watching this thread closely to see what sort of solutions you guys come up with, fingers crossed i'll be able to use your tips and info to make this modification work!

That’s the shower/faucet nozzle threaded directly directly to the Ollie shower/faucet handle. Took about 30 seconds to remove.
Assuming
the “Oxygenics showerspa handheld for RVs” assembly with hose fittings are standard, since the Ollie has a standard shower/faucet nozzle size.

ride and fly,

if your trailer is easily accessible/close by, could you snap a pic of the faucet nozzle with threads separate from the handle with threads in the same shot?

thank you thank you thank you for your help with this:)

tina

the things i'm constantly learning from reading this forum!  i did not know this but apparently the standard faucet has a stream/spray function.  in the infamous Wincrasher video tour, at about 1:05:50 - 1:06:00 you can see how to switch the faucet from stream to spray.   golly gee whilikers that sure is handy to know! (but i'm still going to try the showerhead idea;)

• Thanks 1

the things i’m constantly learning from reading this forum! i did not know this but apparently the standard faucet has a stream/spray function. in the infamous Wincrasher video tour, at about 1:05:50 – 1:06:00 you can see how to switch the faucet from stream to spray. golly gee whilikers that sure is handy to know! (but i’m still going to try the showerhead idea;)

Will take some faucet/thread/nozzle shots in a few minutes and post. Debbie & I are working on the Ollie today.  We purchased our Ollie used, so did not know about the stream to spray mode.  No faucet changes for now, will test the spray shower mode on the next trip. :)  Have only used our faucet in the stream mode, so far. Thanks for the stream/spray mode info and video!

• Thanks 1

Bill #75 LE2

Faucet experiment:

Ollie faucet on stream mode:

Spray Mode:

Nozzle experiment. Tried the Ollie faucet nozzle on the sink faucet in my garage where greasy paws are normally washed. Please forgive the dirty sink!

Regular sink faucet nozzle installed:

Ollie faucet nozzle in stream setting:

Ollie faucet nozzle in spray setting:

Looks like any faucet nozzle can be experimented with on the Ollie.

• Thanks 1

Bill #75 LE2

Geez, You guys/ladies have provided me a plethora of choices.  I had not seen the video before.  It was much more comprehensive than the brief delivery/orientation I received at Oliver.  I showed it to my wife and then Bill's pics.  Since she is the driver of this project, she has opted to try out the shower feature before going to the Oxygenics Spa

Thanks to everyone for your feedback.  If we decide to change out the head, I will let you know.  In the meantime, I will watch all of the video to learn what else I may have missed.

Coy

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
the things i’m constantly learning from reading this forum! i did not know this but apparently the standard faucet has a stream/spray function. in the infamous Wincrasher video tour, at about 1:05:50 – 1:06:00 you can see how to switch the faucet from stream to spray. golly gee whilikers that sure is handy to know! (but i’m still going to try the showerhead idea;)

I agree, there's a lot to learn and we have some real experts who readily share their knowledge!  We've been okay with the standard shower head but will be interested in hearing how replacements work.  The diverter/splitter sounds like an interesting idea - maybe easier than moving the shower head from the sink to the wall each time.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Wow!  I thought that everyone knew about the Windcrasher (Ron Merrit) video.  I must have watched that video 20 times - mostly before I got delivery of Twist, but, even a couple of times since.  Ron also has a blog where he mainly talks about mods to his "toys" but it is worth a view from time to time.

I wish that there was an easy way to alert people to such things.  I remember once I decided to order my Ollie there was this feeling of being overwhelmed due to the number of decisions that needed to be made regarding options, colors, flooring, decals, etc.  I thought that I did a fairly good job and spent a fair amount of time doing it (nothing like Buzzy seems to be doing, but...).  Then the day before delivery my wife and I had taken Anita out to dinner and she mentioned that a lot of people ordered the extra hook on the outside right of the bathroom door (a place to put your cloths, towel, robe, etc. when showering) and the "hatch" on the propane cover to allow easier access to the propane bottles.  Can't believe how stupid I felt for not having thought of those earlier.  It's these "little" things that one does not think about until you have lived with the camper for a period of time.  In a few weeks I'm stopping by the Mothership to have a couple of these kind of things done (dimmer switch for the cabin lights, water pump switch placed near the "winterizing" outlet of the outside of the camper, perhaps another towel bar on the door to the pantry, etc.)

I too will be interested in learning how other showerheads work.  Perhaps there is a better mousetrap out there.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Dave,

I asked and OTT told me that they would have to order the part, but, that they could install it.  I will not be there until July 6th, but, soon after I will report back here on how it performs.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Bill, I agree with your comments.  We had the propane hatch added the day we picked up.  I decided to add a white on-command hook to the right of the bathroom door for towels during showers.  Some of these option should be listed so they could be included when ordering.  I'm interested in the dimmer, would be a nice feature.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

So I did my final mod for the water pressure, before trying faucet if necessary.

Not knowing what everyone else has for pressure, this is how mine was as purchased.

https://youtu.be/IPP6HsOC7Sc

And this is how it is after

https://youtu.be/5YixlyY0VF0

After the pressure drops the recycle to pump shutoff is 2 min (time to wash up)

• Thanks 2

Randy

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

So I did my final mod for the water pressure, before trying faucet if necessary. 

That's a big difference. Did you replace the water pump?

Wow! I thought that everyone knew about the Windcrasher (Ron Merrit) video. 

Will watch the complete video and check out his Blog! Posted yesterday about our new to us Oliver on a thread he started on the Air Forum.

Plan to install the LP hatch after seeing it on Hardrock's Ollie.

Bill #75 LE2

Sorry, work doesn't always allow for quick responses. I do not do a blog, so all information is only here.

The first mod was to remove a bunch of "T"s and elbows, the paper work that comes with the original pump states that each one affects the flow. The amount of benefit to doing this mod, in my opinion, is probably not worth the effort it took.

The real difference comes from adding an accumulator, my house is on a well so they only way I have pressure is from a bladder tank, so that is what I did here. Flotec makes a 6 gal (2 gal usable) tank, FP7105-8,  which I upped the psi to 35 and get about .5 to .6 gal drawdown, then the pump repressurizes the system. So 2 cycles is about 1 gal and I will know how much water I go through.

The unit fits perfectly next to the sink drain, between it and the wheel well, all the way to the front of the access area.

Just place a check valve between the pump and the tank, so that it doesn't push back into the pump.

• Thanks 1

Randy

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB