Shower Head Replacement

hardrock

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Overland said:

We have the same aerator on our kitchen sink, and haven't had a problem.  But that might be because we have the truma comfort plus model with the water circulator.  So I'm curious now if anyone with the regular truma has tried this aerator and if it works for them.

I put a Mikado Uno .35 GPM in the stock Dura bathroom faucet/shower head and it triggers the Truma AquaGo Comfort in either the faucet or shower mode.

I suppose you could always fool the Truma in the shower mode and switch back the the faucet mode if needed, but that would defeat the water saving feature of the .35 GPM aerator or use the .5 GPM version instead.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
On 4/9/2020 at 6:53 PM, mossemi said:

I put a Mikado Uno .35 GPM in the stock Dura bathroom faucet/shower head and it triggers the Truma AquaGo Comfort in either the faucet or shower mode.

What do you mean by trigger? Does the Truma provide hot water thru the 0.35 GPM aerator, or not? Thanks. 

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators

David,

In a previous post bhncb stated:

On 4/9/2020 at 4:37 PM,  bhncb said: 
 The Truma has to detect approximately .4 gpm flow in order to turn on. Operation might be iffy with a .35 gpm aerator.

To which Overland stated:

We have the same aerator on our kitchen sink, and haven't had a problem.  But that might be because we have the truma comfort plus model with the water circulator.  So I'm curious now if anyone with the regular truma has tried this aerator and if it works for them.

And that is the question I tried to answer, so I apologize if my answer was not clear.  So in an effort to clear up my statement, the short answer is yes.

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

On 4/9/2020 at 12:29 PM, SeaDawg said:

The Neoperl Mikado .35 gpm aerator comes in a number of sizes now. I wonder if there's one to fit your new faucet?

The aerator that's in the Ikea faucet sure looks like a Neoperl coin slot cache aerator to me. But, I'm only looking at a photo.

https://www.conservationwarehouse.com/faucet-aerators-35-gpm.html

Sherry

I got the TT size aerator today, and while the size is correct and it threads into the Ikea faucet, the design is different enough that it won't seal without some modification...which you know I'll do.  

• Moderators
53 minutes ago, Overland said:

I got the TT size aerator today, and while the size is correct and it threads into the Ikea faucet, the design is different enough that it won't seal without some modification...which you know I'll do.  

No surprise,  there. You know we'd be modifying,  too. 

Good luck. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.