Oliver picture on the Forum Home page

topgun2

• Moderators

Help!  I know that I must be missing something, but, this has bothered me for at least a couple of weeks now.  When looking at the picture of the Oliver on the Forum's Home page, why is the awning on the driver's side (street side) and not the passenger side (curb side)?

The obvious answer is that the "negative" from which the picture was made was reversed.  Or, the owner of that Ollie decided to not have the usual curbside placement, but opted for the streetside instead.  Or, this is a British model.  Or, the gin and tonic that David owes me is kicking in a bit too early.  Or, ???

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The image is flipped horizontally, you can determine this by the window placements. On the non awning side you will see the bath room window, then the two larger windows at the dinette and bed areas. Highly unlikely there was a negative, any commercial work done these days is all digital and has been for some period.

Legacy Elite II #70

when I ordered my trailer, Robert Partee, the salesman at that time, asked me if I wanted an awning on both sides.  He said that a few people ordered a trailer with a awning on both sides to camp in areas with bright sunlight, access to the sun for solar panels and maximum shade.  This may be one of those units