Twin Bed Table

topgun2

• Moderators

When visiting Trumpetguy's "Setting Sail"hh1qkdrs159xq75b659nbkozbey7uo81.jpg.6127e6d58e116431f3f44bc0817e9cc7.jpg I noticed a temporary table that was set between the twin beds.  Just the night before I had thought that something like this would be very handy for placing a snack, the tv remote or even a drink.  In addition, this table/shelf could be used to hold a CPAP machine or similar item for those that need these things.  During the day or for travel, the table/shelf is easily removed and stored under the couch/bed.

I believe that Trumpetguy made his out of a piece of wood, but, I had a fairly heavy piece of dark smoke Plexiglas scrap laying around, so, I used that.  The rough dimensions are 20 x 10 inches, but, it could be made as necessary.  Once the piece is cut , sanded and the edges rounded, it is simply "wedged" between the two mattresses to hold it in place.  Bill

j6u56k4v3fwfwjpcx4yi2n4mhe6wi0js.thumb.jpg.d77f922e200a368ab6b7f64ed6c954e2.jpg

• Thanks 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

Mike -

Glad you like it - be sure to thank Trumpetguy since it was his original idea.  The piece of plastic I used is only 3/16 thick but if you use wood I think that 3/8 is about as thin as I would go.  Certainly one would not want it any thicker than necessary because you would not want anyone either sitting or sleeping on the area where it might be stored to be able to feel it.

Bill

• Thanks 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Nice Bill.  Carol covered ours with the same fabric she used on the beds so our wine glasses, etc. don't slide around.

I have added a few other mods recently...

Soft start kit to run the AC on batteries

Two additional Trojan T105s to give me more AMPS.  6 total

Rear hitch made locally

Added extra Oliver style coat hooks in several locations

About to add a shower curtain

Propane kit for my Honda 2000i generator

Good job on the shelf.

• Thanks 1

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

Hey Bill

the next time you visit Hohenwald, ask them for one of the blanks they cut out for the Windows or door.  They have lots of them and no use for them.  You can have a table that identically matches your Ollie.  You may want to put a rubber mold around the edges.

• Thanks 2

Bill,

The AC runs fine on just the batteries.  We let the AC run while loading up last week and after four hours were still at 12 v.  I have bought two additional T105s to install in the nose cone behind the tanks.  This will give me 335 usable amps at 50% draw down.

one thing I have learned is that batteries need high volts to get a full charge.  I set my blue sky to 15 v in and that makes a huge difference.

• Thanks 1

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel

• Moderators

Been there, done that (but its a good suggestion for all).  I not only asked for (and received) a piece of the white fiberglass (Door cutout) , but, I got a piece of the fiber-granite(back splash for the kitchen) that matches what I had put in Twist.  I did not use this for the table between the beds only because the piece of Plexiglas I had was already just about the correct size.

I'm a bit of a packrat and I just hate seeing "good" things being thrown in the trash.  My original idea for the fiber-granite was to make a "spice rack", soap dish, kitchen sponge, etc. holder that would sit on the kitchen counter (think multi-tiered thing here).  However, now that I've lived with Twist for a bit, I'm re-thinking this.  In any case I still like having the extra pieces of fiberglass around - you never know.

Bill

In any case I still like having the extra pieces of fiberglass around – you never know. Bill

Off topic, extra pieces of fiberglass have many uses! Gave a guy in Florida a template to cut out these fiberglass flat side panels for a street tracker style motorcycle.  :)

LE2