Checklist

1. Has anyone developed a checklist (BEFORE you go) / (AFTER you get to the campsite) that you would be willing to share?  My daughter and son-in- law want to borrow my trailer and asked if I had a checklist to use of things to do before leaving,  either before leaving home or the campsite or after arriving  at the campsite.  Since most Oliver's have standard features, it would be a useful toolbox for all. If you could share your checklist, everyone would greatly appreciate it.  I searched the forum but found no resources.

THANKS

There is only one person who I elect to do this detailed endeavor for you, and all of us, and that is BUZZY!   No doubt he will be formulating the very lists you request, as of right now he has owned his new pride and joy only about 3 days, but I have not doubts if you keep an eye out that many good things will be evolving from his posts.  He loves his Ollie and his desire to delve into every aspect of its being is unsurpassed.   I hope he reads this, as I had the good fortune of visiting the Oliver factory and meeting Buzzy and admiring his new Ollie on June 9th.

We have a check list, but it's for the stuff we want to bring along on the trip. We have it broken down by where it will be stored in the trailer, and it's always a work in progress. Cuts down on the 'oh crap we forgot this or that" and we still forget stuff. It makes loading the trailer a lot easier, when it goes in the trailer or the load box, it gets checked of.

As far as prior departure or setting up at the camp site, we have nothing. Just make sure before getting in the TV you do a walk around, make sure jacks are up, doors are shut and locked, steps are up, and the hitch is ready for travel. It's easy to be distracted in the middle of something and forget to finish the job.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators
There is only one person who I elect to do this detailed endeavor for you, and all of us, and that is BUZZY! No doubt he will be formulating the very lists you request, as of right now he has owned his new pride and joy only about 3 days, but I have not doubts if you keep an eye out that many good things will be evolving from his posts. He loves his Ollie and his desire to delve into every aspect of its being is unsurpassed. I hope he reads this, as I had the good fortune of visiting the Oliver factory and meeting Buzzy and admiring his new Ollie on June 9th.

We vote for Buzzy!

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I've seen checklists both over on the Good Sam Club site and at the "playstore" (Google's app store for Andriod devices).  However, if you are looking for an Oliver specific checklist then as a card carrying member I also vote for Buzzy.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

While I'm not Buzzy, I do have a program on my phone "List Master" that allows me to check off each task as it's completed.  Our list is comprised of the following, with a few other items that are specific to our set up and break down of camp that I've not included.  It's in alphabetical order because that's the way the app lists them, so they're not necessarily in order of completion.

Campground Arrival/Departure Checklist

Inside

Blinds – close/open

Booster – off/on

Fridge – door closed securely

Furnace – off

Garbage – stowed or disposed

Grey tank valve – closed/open

Inverter - off

Pump – off/on

Television – secured

Vents – closed

Water heater – off

Windows - closed

Outside

Breakaway cable connected

Campsite check for anything left behind

Chocks – removed/put away

Door latch secured

Electric cord stored

Jack support blocks stowed

Light Check

Mat – doormat put away

Propane – off/on

Safety chains – secured

Safety pin – secured

Stabilizers – up

Steps – up

Surge protector – stowed/put away

WDH – attached and socket stored

I also do a final walk around the truck/trailer just to be sure everything looks good prior to heading out.

~Marsha

• Thanks 2

Ed and Marsha

Legacy Elite II, Hull #85

Ford F150 Lariat

You guys at rough!

Buzzy just got his Ollie and not home yet.  He is being initiated by fire to accomplish something that none of us have fully accomplished.

Buzzy

If you choose to do this, would you want input from others?  I think your peers have lots of confidence in your ability OR  the only person organized enough to take on such a daunting task.  We will await your return home and give you adequate time to think about this request.  In the meantime, we can all be thinking about the elements of the checklist and how it can be structured to encompass both Elite and Elite II both younger and the more mature models.

Buzzy,

I can't wait to see all of your lists! Tonight is my 3rd night at Mesa Verde. Camping with no hookups. Love the Ollie. Leaving tomorrow for the Utah National Parks and one National Monument. Back home through Colorado and Rocky Mountain National Park. Plan to return to Iowa on June 28. Great trip so far. Posting photos and commentary on Facebook. Not enough to post here as well.

Don

• Thanks 1

Don

2020 Kimberley Kruiser T3

2019 Ram 2500 Diesel

States I visited with my Ollie (Sold October, 2019)

States Visited Map

Just wanted to say thanks to all of the authors of the lists...While we haven't gotten our Ollie yet, we've toured the mothership and with the 2017s around the corner I'm guessing we'll be using these checklists once the leaves start changing colors this fall.

Kudos to this community.  You all are a great group of folks.

Thank you!

• Thanks 1

Happiness is seeing Atlanta in your rearview mirror. :-)

We have 2 more nights here in Jacob Lake, AZ looking for Condors, but did not see any yet. We had a bad list on how to get to the viewing area and will try again tomorrow. I think maybe they all went over to Zion, maybe can catch (or see) them there. Gonna watch up with Ron in a couple of days when we leave here. Nice campground, but no water or dump, even the commercial CG down the road will let you dump for $12. but no water.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63