It's here!

SeaDawg

• Moderators

So, it took me a week, but I have my brother's pix from Howenwald, picking up our new Oliver. Sorry it took me so long to get these posted

TheOliverGang.jpg

All these smiling faces spent the afternoon with us, loading up, finetuning, teaching, and helping us get on the road!

GettingReadytoGo.jpg

Paul's got the new Oliver hitched up and ready to check out the electric brakes in the warehouse delivery bay.

Loadingupforthefirsttime.jpg

Loading up the Oliver for the first time!!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators

Thanks, Phil. I'm really bad about (a) remembering to take the camera out of the cupboard and (b) remembering to download on a timely basis...

But, here are a couple recent photos:

Oliverttnewhome03-082.jpg

Paul working on the new parking pad for the Oliver beside our house. My job? Five trips to the concrete plant for turf blocks... they weigh 65 pounds each, and our Silverado's only a half ton. We're really happy with the way it turned out, though.

OlivertriptoNC3-08007.jpg

Taken at a rest stop in North Carolina in March. We're really happy we can tow with the truck or the car. This time, we took the ATV along, too, in the truck.

I'll try to do better in the future! Thanks for asking. Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 months later...
  • Moderator+

Tali and I pick up the new Outlaw Oliver on Friday, June 20th. We have been buying all sorts of stuff to carry on the maiden voyage, new dishes, pots and pans, bed linens...just like moving into a really small new house. We have dubbed our Oliver the because it is a family name-no reference to any unsavory behavior! We asked the the high stop light say "Outlaw" to display this.

We are excited to be joining the ranks of such a great group of travelers that have gone before us and hope to meet all of you out on the road somewhere.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Steve, Tali, Storm, Maggie, & Lucy,

Congratulations on your pick up of "Outlaw" in two nights and a wakeup! :D Are you planning to spend some time out on the Natchez Trace for a shake-down/familiarity stop? What are your plans afterwards? A quick trip home or a slow meandering journey to break in Outlaw in style?

Enjoy, Enjoy, Enjoy!!!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderator+

Hi Pete,

Our plan is to drive up to Hohenwald tomorrow (Thursday) evening and spend the night at the Goodenough Inn. I know this place comes with outstanding recommendations!!! The next morning we will meet at the factory and get started on our orientation. Since we are neophytes, we'll need all the help we can get. I suppose we'll spend the first day trying to decide where to put all our new "stuff." I know we'll stay the night at the campground there and then I don't know what we'll do, maybe drive on down the road and find another place to stay. It's only about 130 miles from home, so we might come closer. We need to be back home sometime Sunday afternoon. Anyway...we're excited, this is something we've wanted to do for a long time. We have the three dogs but we don't plan to include them on this trip. Storm is so big, I'm not sure how he'll take to the inside of the trailer. Maggie and Lucy would fit just fine but they're hard to keep up with.

Wish us luck, there seems to be so much to learn and remember.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Hi Steve & Tali! Congrats! We know you'll have a great time with your new Oliver! It's going to look so sweet behind that new green Jeep! Looking forward to seeing your pix...

Sherry & Paul

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Steve and Tali, I'm so excited for you! Too bad we will be missing you, Chuck and I are headed north for a few days and plan a short visit to the factory! Folks there become like family and you just wanna "drop in" every once and awhile and see what's going on! We will be there the 23rd! So if you are still in "the neighborhood" get in touch! We also have 3 dogs and a cat! YIKES! We shoulda called it "The Ark" LOL! Geri

• Moderator+

Well, we made it home with the new Outlaw Oliver, here's some pics....

• Moderator+

And a few more...

• Moderators

Steve & Tali,

Congratulations on picking up the Outlaw Oliver :D

Thanks for the pics . . . I think the custom graphics put a very cool touch to your trailer. With those words on the side and Storm standing guard nobody's gonna mess with you guys. :o

Nice interior color choice and configuration. Enjoy your times out with Outlaw . . . Oscar & I look forward to meeting y'all sometime down the road.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Love it. Tell us more about the config. Is it a twin, or a hybrid of other configs...? I see a cabinet or two that I don't have...Love the fabric you chose... Very cool... Hope you both had a great weekend in your new Oliver!!!

See you on the road!!!

Sher

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Congratulations!!! :D

Beautiful graphics!!! Nice floor plan! I saw a similiar one in Quartzsite,AZ WAAYYY back in Jan when I saw my 1st Olivers. But the twin I saw had a permenant bed where your 2 seat dinette is. Like yours a lot better, more versatility! Your material choice is very nice and makes the floorplan look more open!

Hope to see you on the road soon, Chuck 8-)

• Moderators

Steve and Tali, thanks for the look at your Ollie ! By the way, nice TV ! We are overnighting in Santa Rosa Nm, before moving on down to Carlsbad Caverns Nm. PM me your snail mail address, we picked up a publication that you will want to use for your Jeep trails trip. No problems climbing over the summits that were open, such as cinnamon and engineer, even in our "box stock" jeep. ;) We booondocked at the old Ghost town of Eureka, 10K + elev., coords and description to follow on the boondocking thread.

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)