Overlooked things

• Moderators

The recent discussion regarding the Andersen WDH and the location of the water drain valve got me to thinking about what other items can be overlooked, not remembered, forgotten, etc.  One of those items just might be the glass plate in the microwave.  Even though I've never had a problem with the microwave door coming open while on the road, I was cautioned that I should always remove the glass plate prior to traveling because the door can come open on rough roads and the glass plate would certainly shatter as it bounced around.  I simply take it out of the microwave and place it in the cabinet right above.

Does anyone remember any other thing(s) of that nature?

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+

After having the starboard wheel of our first Oliver drop into a hole when I made too tight of a right turn, I discovered the door to our microwave had been opened by the force.  The tempered glass platter on the inside had sailed out along with a brand new Coleman lantern globe that I had placed inside to keep it safe from breaking.  It appeared that they had both encountered the side dinette table top during their exodus and had shattered into about a million tiny shards of glass.

Never wanting to have to clean up that mess again, we started placing the platter under a mattress while on the move. Feeling that this method was really only a patch to the problem, I searched for some sort of catch or latch to keep the microwave closed.  I found these Multi Use Latches on Amazon. We have used them on the microwave door, at the base of the shower door to keep it open and behind a Keurig coffee machine to keep it on the counter, all with great success.

• Thanks 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

We just left the microwave plate at home. Never used it. Micro is a great breadbox for us.

Everybody had a different camping style . You'll find what works for you.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.