Manatee Hammock Campground, FL

Commanche

We had plans take our grandson to Wallops Island Space center for a launch on July 6, but since the launch was postponed till sometime in August, we are going to plan B. Plan B is a trip to Cape Canaveral for a launch on July 28, tour the space center, watch the launch, and visit Disneyworld.

Our plan is to pick him up in Troutville, VA and spend our first night at Hunting Island State Park SC then head to Manatee Hammock Campground for our stay in FL.

Any ideas or experience with those two campgrounds? Anyone been to the Space Center, I may be more excited to see that then Dyson.

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Stan and Carol.

All I can tell you is that a launch is really something to see and feel.  I did a shuttle launch several years ago and watched it from Coco Beach - about ten miles away as the crow flies.  All I can say is WOW!  With regards to the Space Center - (as with most things these days) bring money.  I did not "do" any of the programs with astronauts, but I did "do" the up close tour of the facility.  I don't remember the exact cost, but it was not cheap.  However, for a one time thing it was certainly worth it.

I'm not familiar with Manatee Hammock but I've stayed a number of times at Blue Springs State Park and it is great.

Enjoy July in Florida - I'm sure it will not be too HOT.

Bill

p.s. thanks for the PM - hopefully I'll get to see you in August.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We camp at Hunting Island SP SC on the ocean front annually in the fall or winter. It's hard to get a camping site on the ocean this time of year. Insects are a nuisance when not camping on the ocean front this time of year.

Here's a few photos.

• Thanks 1

LE2