The community of Oliver

SeaDawg

• Moderators

Okay, we're now among the old timers here.

I have to tell you, it's an amazing community to live in.

We have met the most interesting, and nice, people on this forum. Tom, Karen, Pete, Aubrey, Larry,  Betty, Chuck, Geri, the Keifers, Lois, Herm and Kim, Stan and Carol, Steve/tali  and so many, many more.

We're excited to be an "old'timer", at the same time, yikes, does that mean we're old?

Hope you don't think so. We love this space, and the people here. We've met folks we've never thought we'd meet. The camping life is a great denominator. Our camping friends come from all different backgrounds and occupations. Our little Olivers, and our camping life, is the medium for great friendships. When we are in the neighborhood, we drop in. When they are in ours, likewise. It's an amazing connection of people, and I love it.

. Those friendships,we will always cherish.

To all my Oliver friends, old and new,

all our best,

Sherry and Paul

• Thanks 6

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Sherry, as new Oliver owners we appreciate the willingness of the old timers to help and give advice/assistance online (and in person - thanks Steve/Tali and neighbor Pete).  I hope as the "community of Oliver" grows it stays that way!  Might need to have an Oliver Rally sometime....

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Mike and Carol,

We've discussed that over the years, and we've had some "mini rally" gatherings, but never the "big one."  I think it would be an awesome idea, still.

Long ago, I looked for places with Oliver in the name... There are a number of Oliver lakes, towns with the name Oliver.  Paul and I talked about it again this year when we passed an Oliver Lake in Canada. BC, I think. But it's too far.

If you ever want to work on this idea, I'd be happy to help. Meeting our forum friends in person is always fun, and really cements the relationships we've built online.

Look forward to meeting you one day.

Sherry

• Thanks 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.