I'd Rather Be Camping

Commanche

IMG_0664.thumb.jpg.d4134eaf7cc655f5146b58adc2dbb819.jpg

IMG_0679.thumb.jpg.e316674e6807fb3af816aa038685897f.jpg

It's July 11 so that would make it our anniversary, yeah, 53 years, all good of course. So, what do we do to make it special, yeah, bale hay, oh well it was only 90 degrees today and hot. It's always hot when you are putting up hay. And we only had 125 bales, so not to bad. All our horses died of old age, and we traded horse back riding for Oliver camping. Called moving on to the next station in life. Now we are still stuck with one old cow that may just live forever. We should be putting her in the freezer and leave the hay in the field. Oh well, such is life.

Oh and the hay baler is a Oliver too. It has up to today been a royal pain in the neck, keeping the knotter working, but today it was perfect, every single bale was tied perfect. Could it be the Oliver parked next to the house is shedding some of it's karma on the old Oliver baler? We sure hope so.

Now with the hay in the barn, we can now start packing up the good Oliver for a trip with the Grandson to Cape Canerval for a rocket launch. Let the fun begin.

Stan

• Thanks 3

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

As a kid on the farm, haying was one pf my favorite times.

Dad and his siblings moved from family farm to farm, so we got to spend lots of time with our cousins.

Wonderful, hot, smelly days. And wonderful suppers on the big table.

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

We had a hay baler similar to that when I was growing up.  I recall asking my grandfather how it tied the twine around the bales and was told "there's a little man in there..."

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Congrats on the anniversary.  As for fond memories of bailing hay I didnt realize that was possible.  I set a lot of pipe and bailed a lot of hay and the only fond part was getting paid.  :)

But what I do remember was actually running the equipment and that I do have fond memories of.  I will take any day on my tractor over sitting at a desk coding or fixing systems.  And Camping tops being on my tractor... specially if Im far enough out that I dont get cell service.

Enjoy your trip!

• Thanks 1