Can a regular rv stove/oven combo be put in an Oliver?

rvbella

I was wondering about this today.......... Can an a regular rv stove/oven combo be put in a Oliver. I know I could call and find out, I was just wondering if any of you had one put in or if it's even possible? Just a though!

OK, it's not that I am a baker (it's soooooooo not my thing!) but thought it would come in handy for a few meals.... And if not, what have all of you done for say, broiling/browning etc. I was just thinking about how would I broil my parm/garlic bread. Thanks, Bella

Ok, ixney this idea.............. I had posted the same ? on the fiberglass forum and the people who responded, said it raises the heat factor in the trailer up to the temp of the oven....................... Forget it! I so don't want to add heat to this ole' girl's life! LOL..... Bella

I will just figure a way to brown on the grill.

• Moderators

RvBella,

There is an a/c outlet above the stove-top in the galley that could be used for a toaster oven or any other small appliance you might bring along. As long as you're hooked up to shore power or you've got a generator going and don't exceed its wattage you should be able to do just about anything.

The Fantastic Vent will whisk away the odors and smoke if you need it to. :)

• Like 1

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Personally, I prefer a toaster oven to a microwave any day! If I am on extended trips, I usually just bring mine along. It's big enough to make casseroles, bake a pan of corn bread or biscuits, bake a meat loaf or a chicken & I love the fact that it makes great toast and it's not big enough to heat up the whole camper. I stow it under the bed of my Casita. I have actually seriously considered replacing the microwave with the toaster oven many times. I guess I just haven't camped for extended periods often enough lately to get that done. I think a microwave is a big drain on power and seldom use it while camping. Geri

• Like 1

I remeber an old post that I think earthdancer and bugeyedriver had discussed the toaster oven. It makes sense once I think about it. I really don't use a microwavei much, even at home. But might have to reconsider the Oliver microwave just because it does have that browning feature that meanderthaul reminded me about. Just another thing to think about. And once someone brought up the heat factor of running an oven in such a small space, I know that wouldn't be the way to go........ (at least not for me! :lol:) Thanks Everyone! Bella

RV Bella....... another good argument for the toaster oven is that it can be used outside, thanks to the extra outside plug Oliver gives us! But then, you have to put up with the other pesky campers who smelled your brownies baking! LOL! :D Geri

Earthdancer, I loved the outside outlet we had on the Class A, I always used it for frying taco's in the electric skillet. Less mess. And yes, the other campers would be joining us for dinner. I would stand and make taco's for everyone till I ran out of corn tortilla's. Bella

I have not had a ton of experience with the browning features of the microwave but I did try making toast once. I thought that would be a simple thing to test it out with but it ended up taking over ten minutes! It is a great idea in concept and perhaps with a different microwave it works well but I think a toaster oven is probably the way to go. Since we boondock we are trying to learn how to do as much as possible on the grill or stove. If I ever figure out how to BBQ some cookies I will let you know! :D

Lisa